Crytek's 'The Climb' Now Available--As An Oculus Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
That's the first VR title that actually makes me want to spend the coin... but not until controllers are out. Wonder why they didn't release for the vive... it's actually a complete solution now instead of having to wait.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Such a sad state of affairs to see VR going into exclusives, and fragmented app stores, and the like.

I want no part of it unless its universal.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Exclusives, Then no deal!
Should be on every platform regardless of what VR hardware you just bought.
Makes me want to get a Vive even more now, but I will wait and see if the same thing happens with exclusives for that.

DoDidDont

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
VR Headset manufacturers have to stop this exclusive stuff. Sure it may sway a few sales in one direction, but if VR is really going to take off and become a success, the software title need to be universal for all headsets and controllers.

I’m not impressed with the VR titles out and in development so far. They look like simple demo’s for ages 7+ game from Nintendo.

Some of the stuff Nvidia were showing at the GTC was impressive, but again a very short lifespan entertainment wise.

I wont be buying into this VR stuff until the software gets a whole lot better, and Nvidia’s high refresh technology is implemented into a headset..

We want to be roaming the corridors of Doom in VR, not landing Mario style kiddy planes at an airport!

TheRaistline

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
VR Kit exclusivity is on track to Ruin VR before it has a chance to be gain popularity amongst the general public.

OkinSama

Reputable
Jun 10, 2014
People complaining about Exclusives, have no idea what that term even means in this situation. They're thinking of console exclusives, and that's is not what is going on here.

TheRaistline

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

You sir or madam, are incorrect. This situation is exactly like console exclusivity. Many of these exclusive games are due to partnerships with a specific hardware manufacturer. In addition to this the software companies are not allowed, under contract, to make the game compatible with any other hardware.

There is currently no other reason nor physical limitation as to why any Rift game cannot work with a Vive headest. There has already been hacks that allow Rift exclusive titles to work with the Vive which proves that it can work with a minor software update/patch. Instead, there is an agreement in place between the software company and the hardware manufacturer that prevents this from happening. There is, however, a physical limitation that will prevent some Vive titles from working with the rift due to it's full room mapping and tracking to allow a user to utilize a real space instead of being stuck in a single position.

Status
Not open for further replies.