[SOLVED] CS:GO 60-90 fps -> OLD pc upgrading

Sep 22, 2019
Hi,

Around 2 months ago I started to play games again on my +-10 year old PC. I started with CS:GO and I like it but the only issue I have is my fps, its pretty low (60-90).
Since I'm still a student I'm planning to wait 2 more years to buy a brand new game pc.
So my question:, is there anything I can buy to upgrade my fps?
My budget is around 50 euro, because I dont want to invest a lot since I'm planning to buy a new game pc in 2 years.
I know 50 euro won't do a lot, I just want to know if there is anything worth it. If not.. so be it and I will go on playing with my current pc.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

This is my current 10 year old pc:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
FOXCONN P45A01
RAM : 4.00 GB

Last edited:
Solution
Hi,

Around 2 months ago I started to play games again on my +-10 year old PC. I started with CS:GO and I like it but the only issue I have is my fps, its pretty low (60-90).
Since I'm still a student I'm planning to wait 2 more years to buy a brand new game pc.
My budget is around 50 euro, because I dont want to invest a lot since I'm planning to buy a new game pc in 2 years.
I know 50 euro won't do a lot, I just want to know if there is anything worth it. If not.. so be it and I will go on playing with my current pc.

ATI...
2 years is an eternity, especially on a system like that. Heck, 2-3 years is the typical upgrade cycle duration of GPUs anyway.

Not saying you have to replace the whole system today, but you may want to look at buying a "real" GPU and not just a crutch.

DSzymborski

Titan
Hi,

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
FOXCONN P45A01
RAM : 4.00 GB

I can't think of a 50 euro upgrade that would be worthwhile. The PC's simply too old for a small, incremental upgrade to do much of anything when it comes to gaming.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS