[SOLVED] CS:GO - Average 270fps on FPS Benchmark w/ 6700k, 16GB and 2070 SUPER.

B00steed

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
Okay so, I've been trying to fix this for the last 3 hours, but for some reason, my PC won't go over 270 FPS in the FPS Benchmark map.

I see friends with similar specs (newer CPU but worse GPUs, mine is pretty new) getting an average of 500-600. I tried a couple of things other than reformatting (cuz I don't feel like backing up at 1am), I resetted the BIOS, reinstalled GPU drivers, disabled and then enabled a bunch of stuff, NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP.

The only thing that caused a small improvement was to disable CPU core #0, but it helped only by 15-20 FPS. These are small number considering I should average around much higher.
Please, if you had any issue similar to this, or can help me troubleshoot it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Below are my PC Specs and video settings:
Gigabyte Z170-HD3P
i7 6700k @ 4.0 GHz + Noctua D15S
HyperX Fury 8GBx2 DDR4
WD Blue 2TB
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC
Corsair CX750M
Video Settings:
Resolution - 1280x960 (stretched)
Global Shadow Quality - High
Model / Texture Detail - Low
Effect Detail - Low
Shader Detail - Low
Multicore Rendering - Enabled
Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode - 4x MSAA
FXAA Anti-Aliasing - Disabled
Texture Filtering Mode - Anisotropic 4X
Wait for Vertical Sync - Disabled
Motion Blur - Disabled

Solution
Okay so, I've been trying to fix this for the last 3 hours, but for some reason, my PC won't go over 270 FPS in the FPS Benchmark map.

I see friends with similar specs (newer CPU but worse GPUs, mine is pretty new) getting an average of 500-600. I tried a couple of things other than reformatting (cuz I don't feel like backing up at 1am), I resetted the BIOS, reinstalled GPU drivers, disabled and then enabled a bunch of stuff, NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP.

The only thing that caused a small improvement was to disable CPU core #0, but it helped only by 15-20 FPS. These are small number considering I should average around much higher.
Please, if you had any issue similar to this, or can help me troubleshoot it, I would greatly...

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018

Please, if you had any issue similar to this, or can help me troubleshoot it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Below are my PC Specs and video settings:

Video Settings:

So 270 fps isn't enough for you? Have you actually witnessed your friends achieving 500 fps or are they just claiming this? My guess is they are lying, but even if they did, unless you have some special monitor that is capable of refreshing the image at 500-600HZ, or somehow find one that can that you can afford, you are worrying yourself over absolutely nothing. Even most higher end monitors don't go beyond 120HZ, and I don't recall there ever being such a thing as a monitor that can refresh anywhere near 500HZ. And if your monitor isn't capable of refreshing the image at 270HZ, you are working your GPU harder than it needs to. You should cap the target frame rate for your GPU to the actual refresh rate of your monitor and just relax and enjoy the game.

Solution

B00steed

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
So 270 fps isn't enough for you? Have you actually witnessed your friends achieving 500 fps or are they just claiming this? My guess is they are lying, but even if they did, unless you have some special monitor that is capable of refreshing the image at 500-600HZ, or somehow find one that can that you can afford, you are worrying yourself over absolutely nothing. Even most higher end monitors don't go beyond 120HZ, and I don't recall there ever being such a thing as a monitor that can refresh anywhere near 500HZ. And if your monitor isn't capable of refreshing the image at 270HZ, you are working your GPU harder than it needs to. You should cap the target frame rate for your GPU to the actual refresh rate of your monitor and just relax and enjoy the game.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that in CS:GO.

Yes, I witnessed them getting over 500 FPS in benchmark. The fact that my average is 270 means I get drops down to 160 and sometimes lower (that shouldn’t occur at all) and in competitive gameplay, like CS:GO, this is very noticeable and makes a significant difference.

I wouldn’t go through the trouble of opening a thread and writing all of this if I didn’t think it actually hurts my gameplay experience.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that in CS:GO.

Yes, I witnessed them getting over 500 FPS in benchmark. The fact that my average is 270 means I get drops down to 160 and sometimes lower (that shouldn’t occur at all) and in competitive gameplay, like CS:GO, this is very noticeable and makes a significant difference.

I wouldn’t go through the trouble of opening a thread and writing all of this if I didn’t think it actually hurts my gameplay experience.

Well I don't know what your friends told you about how computers work, but I can assure you its not hurting your experience, at all, especially at 270 fps. What you aren't understanding is that you are already achieving a frame rate that most monitors are not designed to achieve in the first place. What is the refresh rate of your monitor? That is the only thing that matters when it comes down to it and you should cap the target frame rate within Nvidia's Geforce software and call it a day. What you are witnessing from your friends is a very common disease, typically called 'PC elitism'. I don't think there is a cure for it apart from common sense, honesty, and understanding how computers work, even at a basic level. They are trying to infect you with this mental illness, so you've been warned.

Last edited: