Question CS:GO crashes to desktop randomly

Mar 31, 2019
Whenever I am playing csgo it will crash to desktop for about 4-10 seconds and then return to the game. if i was moving forward it will continue my movement until the game reappears. I am also having trouble with league. Whenever i play league i get random black screens for about the same time (4-10 sec) and it will be completely random sometimes back to back other times it might be once every 30 minutes. Also another thing to note is that my integrated graphics card on the motherboard runs extremely hot, hotter than my dedicated graphics when gaming, even when its not being used. things ive tried,
disabling integrated then switching back to dedicated.
reinstalling drivers.
installing newest and oldest drivers.
clean install of windows.
system restore using option "remove everything".
and doing a clean boot and trying to eliminate services and startups that could cause the issue.
EDIT:
Specs are,
intel core 1-5 2400 cpu
gtx 550 ti 1gb
dell 0M5DCD
and 8gb of ram
i have run multiple tests as well such as memtest, and the one that scans your hardrive (forget what its called) i have run stress tests on gpu and cpu but nothing seems to be wrong no freezes or crashes.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019
So I have a 550ti 1gb. I recently posted about my games crashing and getting BSOD. No one responded to the thread so I decided to just continue trying different methods. At this point I am considering it to be a dying GPU but I would like a second opinion. The GPU is unstable when not in idle mode and gives me black screens and BSODs. But when the GPU is in idle mode it does not give black screens or BSODs and when playing games it stays under 40c(although the frames in GPU intensive games are terrible). I've also noticed that when not in idle the GPU will perform stable until it goes over 50c and that is when it starts to become unstable and crash.