• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question CS:GO Crashing My PC

May 29, 2020
Hey so I’ve recently came back to csgo but unfortunately whenever I play cs for a little bit (10 min or less) my pc would completely crash it would also crash if I would put this command in fps_max 0 basically the crash would be instant when loading into a map otherwise I'm able to play for 10-15 min. I have checked event viewer the only error I get is that windows didn’t shut down properly the only game that makes me crash is cs. I have up to date drivers for both the GPU and mobo Windows 10 pro is also up to date. I have tried verifying integrity of the game multiple times and it still hasn’t fixed the issue. I also uninstalled the game and installed it still the same issue. I went as far as installing windows again but the issue is still there. Other games which are more demanding don’t crash and my temps don’t go above 72 Celsius. Games that don’t crash : Half Life Alyx, Valorant, GTA V, Battlefield with RTX and the list goes on. Anyone has any idea on how I could possibly fix this issue?

PC SPECS:
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2080 Super FE
16 GB DDR4
Asus ROG Strix B450-f
EVGA 600 W1 80+

Operating System:
Windows 10 Pro

UserBenchmark:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28759712

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY