Question cs go fps drops stuttering

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
not sure whats happening but before everthing was okay and now couple of days ago it started the fps jumping around is crazy
it drops to 100 or even lower for couple seconds and then it goes up to 300fps or sometimes it just sits on 140fps or 200fps and i fell in the game is stuttering when fps drops
here is my pc specs
Intel Core i5 10400 @ 2.90GHz
MAG B460M BAZOOKA
16.0GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (Gigabyte)
my drivers are up to date not sure do i have to reinstall the game i did verify files but nothing even if lower settings to low and resolution still same

here is couple seconds video
View: https://youtu.be/OciRuEB1cp0

you will notice how it is all other games i play just fine maxed out

What might have changed since a few days ago when all was well??

I might suspect that a less than optimum windows update was pushed out.
If so, try using system restore to go back to when all was well.

You could have had a cpu throttle event.
Run Hwmonitor.
It will tell you the current, minimum, and max cpu temperatures.
The minimum should be in the 10-15c. over ambient range if your cooler is functioning and mounted well.
If you see a max of 100c, it is likely that you have throttled(slowed down) because of overheating.

Running on maxed settings will shift the limiting factor from cpu towards graphics.

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
M
What might have changed since a few days ago when all was well??

I might suspect that a less than optimum windows update was pushed out.
If so, try using system restore to go back to when all was well.

You could have had a cpu throttle event.
Run Hwmonitor.
It will tell you the current, minimum, and max cpu temperatures.
The minimum should be in the 10-15c. over ambient range if your cooler is functioning and mounted well.
If you see a max of 100c, it is likely that you have throttled(slowed down) because of overheating.

Running on maxed settings will shift the limiting factor from cpu towards graphics.
My cpu running okay I have liquid cooling when I play games they run at around 40c I play other competitive games I have no problems but I will have a look at hwmonitor when I have time I will post results

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
If you are having a problem with a particular game, look for a game patch.

Or go to the game forum and look for things like settings.

Possibly a graphics driver has been corrupted; try reinstalling the latest, downloaded directly from nvidia.
this is now my temps normally running im not sure about how normal it should be without playing just browsing but yeah waiting for the game to download now
and will see
PmZ7Vlw.png

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
If you are having a problem with a particular game, look for a game patch.

Or go to the game forum and look for things like settings.

Possibly a graphics driver has been corrupted; try reinstalling the latest, downloaded directly from nvidia.
here is an update i reinstall still same thing max fps goes to 360 then at some points drops down its kinda weird when i throw grenade and the grenade itself its freezing in the air
so i played for like 15 minutes
OWipz7V.png