Question CS:GO Freezing; High Var

Jun 5, 2019
Here's my problem:

I play CS on a pretty decent rig: EVGA 1070, i7-6700, 16 gb RAM, 860 evo ssd; and I have this problem where the game will freeze for a few continuous seconds, not like stuttering, everything is frozen and I can't do anything, then it unfreezes and I can see that my VAR is going up to 30-40 m/s. Sometimes my packet loss will also hit 50%. I think this is possibly an internet problem as I disconnected my ethernet cable and played offline and it worked fine.

Any ideas to what it could possibly be, anything helps.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Here's my problem:

I play CS on a pretty decent rig: EVGA 1070, i7-6700, 16 gb RAM, 860 evo ssd; and I have this problem where the game will freeze for a few continuous seconds, not like stuttering, everything is frozen and I can't do anything, then it unfreezes and I can see that my VAR is going up to 30-40 m/s. Sometimes my packet loss will also hit 50%. I think this is possibly an internet problem as I disconnected my ethernet cable and played offline and it worked fine.

Any ideas to what it could possibly be, anything helps.

Are you experiencing this problem in other games?

Jun 5, 2019
Try pinging a website or server in your command prompt window and see what the time to live stat says. How long is it taking for the packets to get there? Might just be a servers getting overloaded.
I don’t think it’s the servers getting overloaded, been happening for months and I don’t think it’s a hardware problem.

Mar 11, 2020
Hi , i dont know if this will help you , but after tons of tweaks and regkeys and optimisations and reinstalled windows about 10 time nothing helped , i saw somwhere on a site , it said that when he opens net graph fps drops very hard , i turned net graph off and game started working normally again , even with the console or net graph turned on after , try that =]]