CS:GO keeps freezing

DragonWingX24

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
Hey guys, it seems that CS:GO freezes at a random time and I'm not sure how to fix it. My GPU drivers are up to date and so are all my peripheral drivers.

AMD Fx-6300
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport-1600MHz
AMD RX 470
WD Cav. Blue HDD 1TB

Not exactly sure what could be the cause. I did get a new headset (Steelseries Arctis 3) a few weeks ago, but I doubt that has anything to do with the game freezing.
Can anyone help?

blizzgmx

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
I also got a arctis 3 head set and have been getting the same issue. I switched my GPU to make sure it wasn't that, my pc can pass any benchmark. Burn test, aida64, prime, I also used 3dmark for graphics and stability tests. Pass them all. If I play csgo I get constant freezing. It happens during the middle of rounds usually. Most of the time it only happens once per game, but once it happened twice. In order to get the freeze to stop I have to cntrl alt delete and fake a restart then cancel the restart. The pc works fine after that, but all the software closes when that happens. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the steelseries engine. I closed the steelseries software and used an older headset. I did not get the freezing for the past 5 games yet. I think their software has something to do with it, but I can't confirm for sure without testing it more. It's not good because you need the software opened in order to get the full benefit of the headset. The sound is very poor without the software. I did find another equalizer software that can be used, but If it is the steelseries software that should be addressed by the company.