[SOLVED] CS:GO lag while playing in local server with friends, Any help?

uzi314

Prominent
Aug 16, 2018
Hello guys!
I'm getting lag in CS:GO local server while playing with my friends and the server hasn't any bots, any help?

My friends who were connected to my server via internet were also experiencing lag!
I know if my only friends would be experiencing lag then I would only blame my internet but I was also experiencing this lag which I don't get on MM thus I suspect this could be the hardware so if its the hardware then what should I upgrade?
Should I use another PC for hosting a server?

My PC SPECS:
Core i7 3770
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
GTX 760 2GB
4 Mbps Cable Broadband
Windows 10 PRO
WD Green 120GB 2.5 inch SSD (OS and CS:GO installed)

Last edited:
Solution
There are two lag factors here.
  1. The server should have its own dedicated machine. If you server and run from the same machine you have to have a beast of a computer or you and your friends will lag.
  2. You MUST have a very good internet connection. Since "You" are serving, you have to have a big upload pool before you can serve.
20MB down with 2MB up is about the absolute limit for one person connecting.
You have to consider when you are "Serving" Download speed does not make the difference. It is upload speed is what the connection needs.
Run a speed test and see what you are getting.
Speed Test

Here is mine. Upload and "ping" are the factors. Ping needs to be low and Upload needs to be high...
Jan 9, 2019
There are two lag factors here.
  1. The server should have its own dedicated machine. If you server and run from the same machine you have to have a beast of a computer or you and your friends will lag.
  2. You MUST have a very good internet connection. Since "You" are serving, you have to have a big upload pool before you can serve.
20MB down with 2MB up is about the absolute limit for one person connecting.
You have to consider when you are "Serving" Download speed does not make the difference. It is upload speed is what the connection needs.
Run a speed test and see what you are getting.
Speed Test

Here is mine. Upload and "ping" are the factors. Ping needs to be low and Upload needs to be high.

speedtest.jpg

Solution