Cs:Go Low FPS and game feeling unplayable

May 4, 2018
So my csgo has been acting off. The fps in cs is having rapid drops from 200 to about 100 and the game feels flat out unplayable. I have checked my temperatures and they are fine, updated my nvidia drivers and my sound drivers. Even PUBG feels smoother so I don't think that it is a hardware problem. I have been trying to fix this for over a month now and haven't found a working solution. I am really stuck here and desperately need some help.

My specs:
Asus GTX 1060 3gb,
Intel i5 4590 3.5ghz,
Corsair 8gb 1600mhz,
Kingston SSD,
Windows 10,

Monitor: BenQ XL2411

Bluesh1ft

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
I've had that problem before. Go into your bios and turn off the intel speedstep or whatever it's called now. So the cpu will always run at the max frequency. The reason why is probably because when the cpu up-clocks and down-clocks to go along with the game (like how it upclocks when you're in a gunfight) it'll do the drop and get you killed. So if you just have it run at the fastest all the time without overclock then that problem is gone.

May 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I have had that option disabled for some time now and unfortunately it hasn't been helping my problems with csgo at all.
I also just noticed that the fps lag remains even when I turn my resolution down.