Question CS:GO Not Launching? Even after a complete reinstall of Windows, Drivers and Game ??

Feb 11, 2020
So I have had no problems in the past with any of my games on this same PC i am using now... however lately I have had issues...

I have been having a problem with CS:GO not launching... I press Play and button changes to blue to cncel... it looks like it is trying to load and then the button turns green saying "play" again. The game just will not Launch. I have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling. Reinstalling all drivers such as graphics etcc.. as well as Direct X and .NET Framework. Still no joy.

I have now just completely done a new installation of Windows 10, updated all windows updates, installed all new drivers. new installation of steam and games. and still CS:GO fails to launch.

I have been trying to fix this for the past 2 days now and I can't think of anything else to try.

I have only tried CS:GO, Garrys mod, and Rocket League. Rocket League worked... but the other 2 won't.

Here are my system specs:

CPU: AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7 4-Cores
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2

EDIT: I have noticed that in task manager during when the game is trying to load, if I expand the steam client bootstrapper drop down, I get a task pop up in it saying "windows problem reporting" after this dissapears, next to the csgo task i get the message "suspended" then it closes.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY