[SOLVED] CS:GO Retrieving Server Info Length (Forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2022
Hi Guys,

So I am new to this game and sort of confuse what to look to fix this.

Just last week I wonder about FPS cap, I thought it was my system but apparently, the game has its own cap that can be removed and I am okay with staying at 400fps 😂 too high for me already.

But now, I encounter something that I thought at first was normal then I realised not so, the loading from the first round, to the second to the third and to the fourth etc.

So, If I just start a new ‘search matches’, first round ever, for particular ‘lobby’ / match. The loading is instant instant, so good, never a drama.

but as soon as that first casual round finish, (one team completed 8 wins), moving onto the next round, I always arrived in the NEW ROUND when it is already started, so I always miss the first match of that round.

I realised it is not normal because well, people got there before me way before me.

connection? I don’t think so, my PING is always 5, max max is 11, but very rare, not sure if it’s a ping or what but I always got the smallest in the match.

CPU 5600x
RAM 16gb 3800mhz cl16
Mobo Strix B550f Gaming Wifi2
GPU AMD RX 6800 XT
Temps are great, gpu peak 50c ; cpu 60c

*please note, if I just quit the round that’s just finish, go back to lobby, search new match, it is going quick again, it is only taking forever if I just wait after the vote finish.

I do believe there should be the right person out there that knows the right answer for this. I believe there should be a set up I can tweak but I wonder. What this should be 😂

I got so annoyed that even flight simulator new flights load faster than this.

Solution
So I tried my gpu in my friends setup - no issues. It has about 5 sec lag upon "retrieveing server info" which I do NOT see with my old GTX. But that it is acceptable. So the card is 100% fine.... it has awesome performance as expected. So I have concluded that this issue lies in the combination of hardware... something is throwing this malfunction at my system.

I dont have a replacement MB to check at this point, but the suspicion is now actually directed at the addition if onboard WIFI.... this is the main difference in the two setups I am testing the gpu in..... I am seriously considering just buying a second B550 MB - obvioulsy without the wifi (which I don't need)....

@Cookiezaddict - I can see that You have WIFI as well -...
Sep 29, 2022
👀

- I'd like to know when/if any answer(s) to this issues should materialize.

I have almost same setup as OP, and have tried EVERYTHING short of swapping MB.. Still same crap-situation with the 2nd (+3rd etc...) map-load - at the "retrieveing server information" state. As soon as I plug my old 1080TI in (not even installing drivers or anything), the problem is gone...

• Tried all CS:GO startup hacks found on reddit/other sites
  • Tried all bios settings with latest bios from optimized defaults
    • with/without XMP
    • with/without ResizeBAR
    • with/without Above 4K decode
  • Tried alternative PSU
  • Tried alternative RX6700XT
  • Tried alternative NVME
  • Tried Win10/11 (all fresh installs)
  • Tried no driver, minimal driver, full driver install
  • Tried only one m.2-disc
  • Tried WIFI disabled in Win
It makes me insane towards my decision to go all AMD... but my friend has more or less same setup and NO issue. So this weekend we'll troubleshoot, combining hardware until (hopefully) a reason or solution is found.

I'll keep You posted.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022
👀

- I'd like to know when/if any answer(s) to this issues should materialize.

I have almost same setup as OP, and have tried EVERYTHING short of swapping MB.. Still same crap-situation with the 2nd (+3rd etc...) map-load - at the "retrieveing server information" state. As soon as I plug my old 1080TI in (not even installing drivers or anything), the problem is gone...

• Tried all CS:GO startup hacks found on reddit/other sites
  • Tried all bios settings with latest bios from optimized defaults
    • with/without XMP
    • with/without ResizeBAR
    • with/without Above 4K decode
  • Tried alternative PSU
  • Tried alternative RX6700XT
  • Tried alternative NVME
  • Tried Win10/11 (all fresh installs)
  • Tried no driver, minimal driver, full driver install
  • Tried only one m.2-disc
  • Tried WIFI disabled in Win
It makes me insane towards my decision to go all AMD... but my friend has more or less same setup and NO issue. So this weekend we'll troubleshoot, combining hardware until (hopefully) a reason or solution is found.

I'll keep You posted.

Bruh thanks heaps!

it is so sucks to always missed that very first round of a match seriously. And It is not like always 100%, there are like 1-2 out of 5 scenarios where I get in just in time or while still at warm up. But like 80% of the time, yeah I got in either late, or LOST that beautiful match as I got bumped to ANOTHER match due to one being full as I am ‘late’

I do have all the research and I know for re that what you did most likely will fail and thank you for confirming that, no one online has really reproduce and resolved the problem. I wonder if it’s just AMD setting, or whatever on the service that may slow things down really.

99% problems that I found online stated that they are using AMD, and tend to use a higher end like 6800-6900xt and now you mentioned you tried on 6700xt same same problem. So what the….. 😂

I tried to workout what on the setting that may slow it down and I couldn’t find any and I started to think that this may be something related to the ‘service’, things that we can set enable, auto, manual, disable etc. Surely 100% this must be either something related to driver, security / firewall, or simply just configuration features.

In the end, the game itself run freakin smooth, I got constant FPS, shooting to its cap which is 400,

One thing I noticed, never got PING above 10ms and I started to think maybe that is that? Because imagine if the next ‘match’ will give me more than 10ms ping and my system just decide to search for other match because of this?

Days ago I confused about the fps that’s limiting at 400 but now I know there’s a workaround for that and I just wanna know because 400 is a lot.

Now, as writing this realised some people in my matches got well over 20 or even 100ms PING rate, but never I ever experience getting into match where I get more than 10 not even 8ms PING. And there are moments where I only can play with BOTS, or relatively empty lobby which now make me suspect, there must be setting where I can loose this restriction by bit?

Sep 29, 2022
So I tried my gpu in my friends setup - no issues. It has about 5 sec lag upon "retrieveing server info" which I do NOT see with my old GTX. But that it is acceptable. So the card is 100% fine.... it has awesome performance as expected. So I have concluded that this issue lies in the combination of hardware... something is throwing this malfunction at my system.

I dont have a replacement MB to check at this point, but the suspicion is now actually directed at the addition if onboard WIFI.... this is the main difference in the two setups I am testing the gpu in..... I am seriously considering just buying a second B550 MB - obvioulsy without the wifi (which I don't need)....

@Cookiezaddict - I can see that You have WIFI as well - if You have the option to disable WIFI in BIOS, could You perhaps test this for me..... My BIOS does not allow me to disable the WIFI unless I disable the entire onboard networking - but I need the LAN of course.

Thanks

Solution
Sep 10, 2022

@Cookiezaddict - I can see that You have WIFI as well - if You have the option to disable WIFI in BIOS, could You perhaps test this for me..... My BIOS does not allow me to disable the WIFI unless I disable the entire onboard networking - but I need the LAN of course.

Thanks

Interesting, I’ll try that wifi setup thing see if it’s in my bios because yeah I don’t need this wifi and BT not sure why I even bought one with such feature LOL.

Sep 10, 2022

Thanks

Hey mate, thank you for all these troubleshooting infos.

So, I disable Wifi and Bluetooth controller all together in my bios, I am sure if you have a built-in WIFI AND BT you should have these options too no?

and I played for about 1-2 hrs before, a couple good Sunday Morning matches (in Australia), and wow, no lie it is all running fast and well I am 99% sure this is solved.

Somehow I don’t understand how this can relate to game loading performance but this works what the… 😂

Thanks once again.

Sep 29, 2022
Hey mate, thank you for all these troubleshooting infos.

So, I disable Wifi and Bluetooth controller all together in my bios, I am sure if you have a built-in WIFI AND BT you should have these options too no?

and I played for about 1-2 hrs before, a couple good Sunday Morning matches (in Australia), and wow, no lie it is all running fast and well I am 99% sure this is solved.

Somehow I don’t understand how this can relate to game loading performance but this works what the… 😂

Thanks once again.

Great news - You're welcome.

Good to know that the fix will benefit someone. I managed to sell my card - so I will opt for nVidia to avoid the issue, instead of going for at setup without onboard wifi - and having to change my MB. I am happy with my MB, so I decided to go for components that does not create this problem when combined.

I guess if my BIOS had the option to disable WIFI, I would have kept the card. But that is strangely not the case.

Reactions: Cookiezaddict
Status
Not open for further replies.