[SOLVED] CS:GO running at 90-150 frames i7-6700 GTX 1070

Mar 10, 2020
My computer is 3 years old, an Alienware Aurora R5. It hasn't been running as well as I think it should, and I am not able to play a lot of games with decent FPS. I haven't tried in a while but last summer when I tried to factory reset it, it gave me an error, not letting me reset it. I tried again a month later and still got the same error. I also noticed when I would be able to factory reset prior to that error, I would barely notice any improvement. Do I just need to invest in a new computer?

Solution
Almost lowest settings with the exceptions of some settings being high to see through mollys. I update them whenever there is one available.
Windows 10. I don't see reinstalling windows helping me that much
Well you were trying to do a factory reset, a windows install is the ultimate factory reset.

Have you cleaned the system at all? Do you know how hot it's getting?
My computer is 3 years old, an Alienware Aurora R5. It hasn't been running as well as I think it should, and I am not able to play a lot of games with decent FPS. I haven't tried in a while but last summer when I tried to factory reset it, it gave me an error, not letting me reset it. I tried again a month later and still got the same error. I also noticed when I would be able to factory reset prior to that error, I would barely notice any improvement. Do I just need to invest in a new computer?
Settings and res?
How often do you update drivers?
What windows version are you on?

Also couldn't you just reinstall windows?

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019

There are a few things you can do:

Clean your PC. After 3 years there could be quite a lot of dust. Everything should be powered off, and be carefull not to touch the motherboard if you are cleaning with a vacuum. Be aware that most of the dus5 is between the fans and their heatsinks. It's a bit tricky to get the dust away.

Maybe your pc is set to Energysave mode. Therefore, search in the bottom left corner "energysave settings" and change it to performence mode.

Update your gpu driver. Go to the nvidia's site and search for the 1070. Download the software and install it.

Restart your PC and you're good to go.

Mar 10, 2020
There are a few things you can do:

Clean your PC. After 3 years there could be quite a lot of dust. Everything should be powered off, and be carefull not to touch the motherboard if you are cleaning with a vacuum. Be aware that most of the dus5 is between the fans and their heatsinks. It's a bit tricky to get the dust away.

Maybe your pc is set to Energysave mode. Therefore, search in the bottom left corner "energysave settings" and change it to performence mode.

Update your gpu driver. Go to the nvidia's site and search for the 1070. Download the software and install it.

Restart your PC and you're good to go.
All of those things have already been done

Mar 10, 2020
Settings and res?
How often do you update drivers?
What windows version are you on?

Also couldn't you just reinstall windows?
Almost lowest settings with the exceptions of some settings being high to see through mollys. I update them whenever there is one available.

Well you were trying to do a factory reset, a windows install is the ultimate factory reset.

Have you cleaned the system at all? Do you know how hot it's getting?

Solution

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
You asked for suggestions and we gave them. Re-installing windows is an alternative to factory reset, which you are apparently trying and its failing, so re-install windows.

Clean out your system, , also check the temps.