CS:GO running badly on Windows 10?

eganware

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
I upgraded my laptop to Win 10 from Win 8.1 the other day, and it runs around 40 FPS now, when it used to run at 60 - 80 FPS before the upgrade. I have already tried upgrading drivers, but nothing is working so far. I need help fast.

My laptop is a Lenovo Edge 15, and has an Intel Core i5 - 5500U processor and Intel Integrated GPU.

Solution
It's not likely other program bloat. You can easily check that by seeing the CPU usage in Start (right-click)-> Task Manager-> Performance.

Unless the CPU usage is pretty high (say over 40%) it shouldn't be enough to cause that much difference in FPS.

So... if it's not video drivers then all I can suggest right now is that it may be your POWER profile. It may be throttling (and the settings are different for battery and wall power).

Upforce

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Windows 10 itself shouldn't slow the computer, however your computer may be bloated. In fact, Windows 7,8 and 10 all have the same requirements. What I can recommend however is just cleaning your computer (A pain in the butt).

It's not likely other program bloat. You can easily check that by seeing the CPU usage in Start (right-click)-> Task Manager-> Performance.

Unless the CPU usage is pretty high (say over 40%) it shouldn't be enough to cause that much difference in FPS.

So... if it's not video drivers then all I can suggest right now is that it may be your POWER profile. It may be throttling (and the settings are different for battery and wall power).

Solution