Question CS:GO suddenly very low FPS after moving

homies1337

Prominent
Jan 16, 2021
So before I moved to my family's and I's new apartment, I played CS with almost all of the graphics settings on high and still averaged between 200-300fps, on community servers, MM, faceit etc.. However, after we moved and I set up my PC, I noticed that CSGO was running on horrible FPS, constantly dipping under 100fps. I thought maybe there was some problem with the graphics driver, so I waited for a new Nvidia driver to release, which it did a couple of days ago and when I installed it, I thought this would fix my fps issues and CS would go back to how it used to perform on my PC, but it didn't. Still barely getting 100fps. The problem isn't the airflow to my PC as my PC actually has even more space and room to breathe than in my previous room. Couple things I want to mention. All the other games I used to play in my other house run exactly like they should and did, with no noticeable fps changes. And whenever I used to play CS (or really any game), my GPU temp would be between 60-65c, now however, when playing CS my GPU temp is hovering around 50-53c, this of course should be a good thing but considering that the other games still get my GPU up to 65c, makes me feel like there is something wrong with CSGO specifically, like it's not getting the GPU power it used to. I really wish you guys could help me as its really frustrating that I cant play CS like I used to before I moved. I have also tried reinstalling the game and also turned all the settings to low but nothing worked.

My specs: i5-10400f, RTX 2060 Super

homies1337

Prominent
Jan 16, 2021
So after I moved from my old house to me and my family's new apartment, I started noticing major performance decreases, mainly while playing CSGO. I have all but fixed the issues and though the fps is back to how it was before, there is still a problem.
While playing CSGO, I can play completely without issues for about 10 minutes (200-300fps) then all of a sudden, my fps drops down to sub 100 and only gets up to 150ish when I look up into the sky or into a wall. At the same time, I see that on MSI Afterburner, my GPU temp also drops exactly at the same time my fps drops in-game. For some reason, tabbing out and then opening task manager, then closing it and going into csgo again seems to fix the issue temporarily and return the fps to the expected range (200-300fps) and the GPU temp also starts to increase again to its usual temp while gaming.
However, the issue will continue to happen throughout my gaming session. Now, I'm stumped as to what's happening, which is why I came here for help. Below is an image (apologies for the bad quality) showing the GPU temp drops, highlighted in red circles. These drops in temp are at the exact same times that my game drops to sub 100fps. This doesn't seem to be an issue with any other game besides csgo, at least so far, I haven't noticed anything in other games.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

homies1337

Prominent
Jan 16, 2021
So after I moved from my old house to me and my family's new apartment, I started noticing major performance decreases, mainly while playing CSGO. I have all but fixed the issues and though the fps is back to how it was before, there is still a problem.
While playing CSGO, I can play completely without issues for about 10 minutes (200-300fps) then all of a sudden, my fps drops down to sub 100 and only gets up to 150ish when I look up into the sky or into a wall. At the same time, I see that on MSI Afterburner, my GPU temp also drops exactly at the same time my fps drops in-game. For some reason, tabbing out and then opening task manager, then closing it and going into csgo again seems to fix the issue temporarily and return the fps to the expected range (200-300fps) and the GPU temp also starts to increase again to its usual temp while gaming.
However, the issue will continue to happen throughout my gaming session. Now, I'm stumped as to what's happening, which is why I came here for help. Below is an image (apologies for the bad quality) showing the GPU temp drops, highlighted in red circles. These drops in temp are at the exact same times that my game drops to sub 100fps. This doesn't seem to be an issue with any other game besides csgo, at least so far, I haven't noticed anything in other games.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet