CS:S Server

Presumably you need a copy of half life 2 to setup a counter strike
source server aswell as a copy to play as a client too( if they are on
diffrent machines) ?

For internet ganes you have to run dedicated server? The 'in-game' one
only does LAN games right?

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:10:54 GMT, Spacen Jasset
<spacenjasset@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Presumably you need a copy of half life 2 to setup a counter strike
>source server aswell as a copy to play as a client too( if they are on
>diffrent machines) ?
>
>For internet ganes you have to run dedicated server? The 'in-game' one
>only does LAN games right?

no on both counts.
1.you can create an account purely for the dedicated servers that does
not require a serial number. full instructions are available on the
steam tech support site & a few cs fan sites.
2.start listenserver, open console, type sv_lan 0; now internet
players can join.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

dr ratt wrote:

> no on both counts.
> 1.you can create an account purely for the dedicated servers that does
> not require a serial number. full instructions are available on the
> steam tech support site & a few cs fan sites.
> 2.start listenserver, open console, type sv_lan 0; now internet
> players can join.
>
> dr ratt

Excellent, thanks for the info.

TRENDING THREADS