CSGO doesn't open?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

somePcNoob

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
Hi guys, since a couple of days ago my csgo has been refusing to open, when I click play the loading box pops up saying preparing to launch, after which the egg timer pops up briefly, the game says it's running for a few seconds then it goes back to usual, during this process the actual csgo client doesn't open. Between the game working there have been (to my knowledge) no windows/graphics driver updates and no viruses detected etc.

These are the fixed I have attempted (all of which are greeted by the same response):
- re-installed csgo
- verified game cache
- renamed steamapps folder then re-installed csgo (so no old files/configs remain)
- ran as admin
- ran in various compatability modes
- unticked one of the settings in the 'services' section of the system configuration
- loaded straight from the directory instead of through steam

Is there anything you guys could suggest to try next? Fyi i'm on as asus g750 laptop with a gtx 870m, with steam and all the games installed on the 1tb hdd.

Many thanks,

Matt

Solution
Maybe time to consider reinstalling Windows. Backup your steam apps folder and copy it back later, Steam will sort it out.

MisterLFreitas

Prominent
May 30, 2017