Question CSGO FPS Drop

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone so i've been playing CSGO for the past 4 months and when i first started playing CSGO (with bots on 128 TICK SERVER) i had like 150-200 fps at high settings but now especially in the summer i dropped my settings to verylow/low and i see almost no difference. When i go to the tunnels i get 30-40 FPS like back then i was getting 100+ FPS without any issues (in the tunnels). On average i get 60-80 FPS (now) and lots of shutterings, and these shutterings drop my FPS to 30 and then get up to 50-70 and these shutterings happen like every 10-20 sec it's not like rare. When i play multiplayer on 64 TICK SERVERS the FPS improves a bit by 20FPS but it doesn't make a lot of difference. I tried everything changing the launch options, changing windows settings and still no difference. My PC is not a potato it's a mid range computer. I use MSI Afterburner to see stats when i'm playing CSGO and i see that my CPU is about 90c on LOW SETTINGS (they stutter when it hits sometimes 100% usage), about the GPU i bought it like 5 months ago so i don't really think that my GPU is the issue. What's the issue here? can anyone help me? because now i can't even play CSGO. Also i scanned for viruses and no viruses were found. Sorry if my English is bad, English is not my mother tongue. Thank you

My Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU: Intel I5-750 2.80ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4gb
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (150gb free from 500gb)
RAM: Corsair 12gb 1333mhz

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

most likely an issue with your gpu or drivers. that's all that changed. how did you install the drivers? did you use DDU?

maybe you should use DDU to remove all traces of your gpu and reinstall it. and look at getting better cooling, thermal throttling will get you in summer.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
most likely an issue with your gpu or drivers. that's all that changed. how did you install the drivers? did you use DDU?
Idk tbh, while playing i see my GPU being used only 30% or more. When i first bought my GPU i yes used DDU uninstalled my old drivers from my old GPU and then installed the new drivers from geforce experience

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

maybe you should use DDU to remove all traces of your gpu and reinstall it. and look at getting better cooling, thermal throttling will get you in summer.
Also my thermals on my GPU are fine, the issue is that my CPU heatsink is the one that came in the box so i think i need to replace it

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I currently do not have the money for a heatsink, but i will buy one in the future. Can you recommend me one? I want something medium sized not something big that will take the whole PC case. I was thinking of buying the hyper 212 evo idk thought

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS