[SOLVED] CSGO: FPS LOWER THAN 200, RX580 (plz help, no matter the setting same fps)

sithkostas

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Hello there,
To begin with, my pc specs are the following:
-GPU: RX 580 8gb
-CPU: Ryzen 2600
-RAM:16b (1 stick)
-Monitor: Asus tuff 165hz 1440p
-Motherboard: MSI b350 pc mate
- Windows 10 64bit

My main problem is that my fps are stuck between 100 and 200ish fps. A change to the resolution as well as the settings does not affect the fps. With 2K resolution, I have the same fps as when my resolution is set to 1234x1024. I have watched countless videos about this topic with no success. I have reinstalled windows and csgo, set the windows power plan to performance, reinstalled my gpu drivers. I have also added the following launch option: +fps max 0 but nothing will increase my fps. At this point, I must add that I have done no overclocking to my card and that this problem is exclusive to csgo. Moreover, I have noticed very low cpu and gpu usage while running the game. For instance, with the resolution of 1234x1024 GPU usage does not exceed 60%.

I have this problem for over a year now. If anybody has a possible solution or suggestion plz ask me right away. Thank you for your time, any reply would be appreciated.

Solution
Hello there,
- Windows 10 64bit

My main problem is that my fps are stuck between 100 and 200ish fps. A change to the resolution as well as the settings does not affect the fps. With 2K resolution, I have the same fps as when my resolution is set to 1234x1024. I have watched countless videos about this topic with no success. I have reinstalled windows and csgo, set the windows power plan to performance, reinstalled my gpu drivers. I have also added the following launch option: +fps max 0 but nothing will increase my fps. At this point, I must add that I have done no...
Hello there,
- Windows 10 64bit

My main problem is that my fps are stuck between 100 and 200ish fps. A change to the resolution as well as the settings does not affect the fps. With 2K resolution, I have the same fps as when my resolution is set to 1234x1024. I have watched countless videos about this topic with no success. I have reinstalled windows and csgo, set the windows power plan to performance, reinstalled my gpu drivers. I have also added the following launch option: +fps max 0 but nothing will increase my fps. At this point, I must add that I have done no overclocking to my card and that this problem is exclusive to csgo. Moreover, I have noticed very low cpu and gpu usage while running the game. For instance, with the resolution of 1234x1024 GPU usage does not exceed 60%.

I have this problem for over a year now. If anybody has a possible solution or suggestion plz ask me right away. Thank you for your time, any reply would be appreciated.
RAM. 1 stick of RAM is causing this. Get another stick, (same model). It will shoot up

Also, when csgo is running, open task manager, details tab, right click on csgo.exe, click set affinity, uncheck everything except 1357 or 0246. This should give a 10-15% FPS boost. It did on my 3600, with the 1357 setup.

But single channel RAM can hinder performance, I don't know exactly to what extent on csgo, but if it's always been like this, and everything else is fine (other games, normal system usage etc) then the RAM is where it's at.

Also, what's the RAM speed? And latency?

Last edited:
Reactions: sithkostas
Solution

sithkostas

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
RAM. 1 stick of RAM is causing this. Get another stick, (same model). It will shoot up

Also, when csgo is running, open task manager, details tab, right click on csgo.exe, click set affinity, uncheck everything except 1357 or 0246. This should give a 10-15% FPS boost. It did on my 3600, with the 1357 setup.

But single channel RAM can hinder performance, I don't know exactly to what extent on csgo, but if it's always been like this, and everything else is fine (other games, normal system usage etc) then the RAM is where it's at.

Also, what's the RAM speed? And latency?
Thanks for your reply! My current rem speed is 2800mhz and latency 16 clocks.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Thanks for your reply! My current rem speed is 2800mhz and latency 16 clocks.
Yes but with a single stick it’s running single channel and not dual which is half the bandwidth. It won’t double performance but going dual will definitely help. Trouble is mixing RAM even the same make and model bought separately is not guaranteed to work. It often does work but it is possible to have issues, RAM is best bought in matched kits. See odd man out section here https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

sithkostas

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Yes but with a single stick it’s running single channel and not dual which is half the bandwidth. It won’t double performance but going dual will definitely help. Trouble is mixing RAM even the same make and model bought separately is not guaranteed to work. It often does work but it is possible to have issues, RAM is best bought in matched kits. See odd man out section here https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/
Thank you for your wisdom! So in conclusion the fact that I'm running single-channel explains that I have the same fps no matter the settings of the game and the resolution I'm gaming with? It is hard to believe that a single stick of ram can cause this issue. I have seen many benchmarks of the game with pcs similar to mine and they all outperform mine with a huge gap and this only happens to csgo.

Thank you for your wisdom! So in conclusion the fact that I'm running single-channel explains that I have the same fps no matter the settings of the game and the resolution I'm gaming with? It is hard to believe that a single stick of ram can cause this issue. I have seen many benchmarks of the game with pcs similar to mine and they all outperform mine with a huge gap and this only happens to csgo.
A single channel RAM has a significant impact on Ryzen gaming performance. The cpu determines the best FPS you can achieve so if limited by the the CPU/RAM then changing resolution or game settings will have little to no effect.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Pretty sure they had 2×8GB not 1×16.

bignastyid

Titan
With Ryzen Dual channel can have up to a 20% performance increase over single channel and can be increased a bit by using faster dual channel ram. I suggest buying a dual channel kit of ddr4 3200 as that seemed to be the sweet spot with the 2nd gen Ryzens.