[SOLVED] CSGO Freeze only when mouse moves in menus?

Oct 29, 2019
When I load up CSGO on my PC, I have a problem.

Whenever I move my mouse, only when in cursor mode (so in any menu, or basically anything in the game that isn't actual gameplay), the game freezes. And the game remains frozen until i stop moving my mouse.

I've tried basically everything with this. I've reinstalled the game, tried other mice, updates drivers, messed around with config settings, stopped certain peripheral background tasks running and none of it has worked.

From looking around on the internet for ages, I saw one person with a similar problem claiming that completely removing steam and all of its files from my PC, then reinstalling everything fixed it for him, yet there is no guarantee that this will work and will cost me lots of my time needing to re-download every game again.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this/how to fix this, or has anyone had the same/a similar problem ?

Thanks.

Solution

Whenever I move my mouse, only when in cursor mode (so in any menu, or basically anything in the game that isn't actual gameplay), the game freezes. And the game remains frozen until i stop moving my mouse.

I've tried basically everything with this. I've reinstalled the game, tried other mice, updates drivers, messed around with config settings, stopped certain peripheral background tasks running and none of it has worked.

From looking around on the internet for ages, I saw one person with a similar problem claiming that completely removing steam and all of its files from my PC, then reinstalling everything fixed it for him, yet there is no guarantee that this will work and will...

From looking around on the internet for ages, I saw one person with a similar problem claiming that completely removing steam and all of its files from my PC, then reinstalling everything fixed it for him, yet there is no guarantee that this will work and will cost me lots of my time needing to re-download every game again.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this/how to fix this, or has anyone had the same/a similar problem ?

Thanks.
Repair steam first, youtube repair "steam files" not game files' steam files. This fixed my problem

Solution