Csgo good Hardware only 200 fps

Jan 16, 2019
Hey,

I have a AMD radeon rx 580 8gb
Amd ryzen 5 2600x
8gb Ram

But im only getting average 200 fps in csgo. Yeah i know 200 is more than enough, but my friends with worse PCs have the same ore more fps. Any help?
Im playing on 1600x900

"my friends with worse PCs have the same or more fps" - What Hardware do they have in their PC

Are you using the exact same settings and resolution?

CS:GO is a game that doenst really depend on GPU power. It mostly relies on your CPU and raw Clockspeed. The 2600X is good but does "only" go up to ~4Ghz. CS:GO doesnt utilies the 12 Threads (thats because of the Engine), maybe 2-3 i think.

If your friends do have older PCs but with CPU that does have high Clockspeeds speeds its not that odd.

However its still a bit odd that you get 200fps with 1600x900 resolution and that configuration, i feel like that it should be more. I am sure that you will find some CS:GO Benchmarks on Youtube for the 2600X. Take a look at "Hardware Unboxed". Oh, and make sure that your Drivers are up to date (Windows + GPU especially)

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Newer i5's will have better frame rates then a 2600x do to better single thread IPC which is very important in CS:GO. That is part of the issue right there. I would try looking up benchmarks with your CPU and GPU gaming at the same resolution you are (or as close as you can find) .

+1

The Youtuber "HardwareUnboxed" often has very detailed Benchmarks for new CPUs