csgo lag issue

gcuzza

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2014
I have been playing csgo for some time now but I keep getting this lag problem where I run around but every 10-20 seconds I stop and freeze for 1 second and then carry on running, and now when I play seriously it becomes a bit of a joke, my system is:

Windows 7
Wireless network
gtx 670
i5 4670k
650w EVGA psu

I have no issue running any other game as my system is actually quite good, I have played many other games without this issue too ...
I have reinstalled the game many time too but seems to be doing nothing for me... my ping is averaging around 30 and my fps is over 200 constantly, does anyone have a fix for this ?

Thanks

gilbadon

Distinguished
Monitors do not go up to 200fps, but yes I believe your specs are good enough for CS:GO.

What exact model PSU do you have?
What memory do you have?

Have you used DDU to remove your current drivers and than installed the latest?
Did this happen in a recent driver update or has it always been this way?

Have you disabled V-Sync? Play with other settings in the graphics settings within CS:GO as well. Something in there could do this.

Have you measured your memory, GPU, and CPU usage when this occurs?

It may be a network issue as well. Despite having low ping, for those moments, your ping may be through the roof but you are not able to see it change as you are lagging. Make sure you have PnP and Port Forward settings properly set and try again. Maybe attempt to be hard wired for a session as well. You may need to create an exception in your firewall or virus program.

I could keep going, but this is enough for now.

Chicken-Select

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
try and be more specific about this "lag" problem. Does the screen/PC completely? is there 0 movement or sound while this lag spike is going on? Or is it a network issue where you can still move your mouse and characters aim but you aren't moving anywhere? I'd try updating all drivers including graphics card and BIOS. You didn't say anything about your RAM but if you have more than one stick try removing one, trying to replicate the issue, if it happens try only the other one and try and replicate the issue again. A virus scan couldn't hurt too. I'd also go into Nvidia control panel once you've update your nvidia drivers and lowering the max pre rendering frames to 1 if they aren't already. You can also force maximum performance and refresh rate in the same settings. Make sure vsync is disabled both in game and in the nvidia control panel. Try those out and let us know. Your PC is MORE than enough for csgo so there is certainly some weird issue going on.

gcuzza

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2014

Yer I love it, thanks man. Just really weird how it runs such high end games and it struggles with such a basic one ? I honestly have no other things to try, if you find any solutions definitely let me know man, have a good evening

gcuzza

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2014

Nope none of them, and this is my psu

http://www.ebuyer.com/716706-evga-650w-g2-fully-modular-80-psu-220-g2-0650-y3?gclid=Cj0KEQiA4qSzBRCq1-iLhZ6Vsc0BEiQA1qt-zrJprhydDAWoH1nfT6G0KABx_VwO6648Zmcn3zd33OIaApqr8P8HAQ#fo_c=951&fo_k=8464155c5ee5648dd23d016f3e585f68&fo_s=gplauk?mkwid=ssv20W4C6_dc&pcrid=51482424299&pkw=&pmt=

I also have 8gig of RAM DDR3, I have played with setting and I have everything disabled and on low and still have the same problem, not a network problem either as I have the net graph displayed that shows me what happens when I get the lag problem but nothing changes, ping stays the same, fps stays the same, theres no dsync or anything it just seems to get a 2-3 second freeze and then the gameplay continues to play out fine, any other suggestions ?

gcuzza

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2014
I have no idea how to change these setting in the NVidia control panel, I know I sound noob but you couldn't just give me a walkthrough quickly so I can try this, and I have 8gig of DDR3 ram, so surely that enough for CSGO considering I run more demanding games on it ? Also, I have all my setting disabled or low and it still happens, theres some weird stuff going on with my CSGO for some reason