Question CSGO Lags like crazy on MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenicoNico

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I'm studying abroad. I'm gonna exceed the weight limit if I bring my tower. All I brought with me is a 2011 MacBook Pro Unibody. I realized that CS:GO is available for Mac OS. So I downloaded it. And it turned out horrible. It's smooth for the first 30 seconds, after that... it starts to spike. I can't really see the FPS, since FRAPS is not available for mac, and I don't know any alternatives. But I'm guessing that it keeps going up and down from around 60 and a sudden drop to 5, and go back up around to 60 drops back down. Any help? I've tried everything that is on YouTube, Yahoo Answers, Reddit, Steam, etc. Nothing seems to be working. It does the same no matter what settings i put it on. Highest or lowest. Everything is up to date. Temps are not the problem. I kept track of my temps, 70 was its highest. Yes that's the GPU temp, not CPU. One more thing, I installed bootcamp years ago on the same MacBook, before I build my tower. The game worked flawlessly in the bootcamp. Help?

MacBook specs:
i7 2.5 GHz
8GB RAM
HD 6770M
1TB
OS El Capitan

AMD doesn't seem to give any updates for the HD 6770M (for mac), I tried looking for it EVERYWHERE, nothing came up. Everything is for Windows.

Any answer will be appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.