CSGO low FPS with GTX1060

sakytu

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
Hello guys,
I have older PC (CPU Quad core Q9550, MB: ASUS maximus formula 2, RAM: 8GB Coirsair Dominator 1066Mhz, OS: Win10pro 64bit, SSD: Samsung Evo850, HDD:WD Black 1TB SATA, Monitor ASUS PQ279q, GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Armor 3GB, previuous one was ASUS GTX660).
I am a fan of Counter Strike and play CSGO only. With my previous GPU GTX660 I had low FPS (about 40 - 140fps) so I decided to buy new HW(GTX1060) to increase FPS. Unfortunately just small increase was found (+10/20fps). If I have a look on HW monitor GPU load is 30/40%, but CPU is 80/90%.
I´m not happy with that so I want to ask you how can I do the MB setup to achieve more FPS on CSGO? ASUS Formula offer a lot of BIOS adjustments/tweaks so hope there will be some solution to achieve 250+fps on this game. I tried a lot of changes in Nvidia panel, in CSGO as well but without major success.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Just a tip for when you can get the game working: Only run the game at the FPS that matches your refresh rate. You won't get any benefit from anything higher and you'll just push your graphics card which will ultimately lower its lifespan.

Have you tried enabling multi-thread optimization or altered Max Pre-rendered frames? I've seen these help people in some cases.

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Just a tip for when you can get the game working: Only run the game at the FPS that matches your refresh rate. You won't get any benefit from anything higher and you'll just push your graphics card which will ultimately lower its lifespan.

Have you tried enabling multi-thread optimization or altered Max Pre-rendered frames? I've seen these help people in some cases.

Solution