Question CSGO really bad stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
So all of the sudden my CSGO has really bad stuttering and I think it was caused a virus which I was stupid enough to fall for.

However when I click verify integrity of game files it says 2 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.
Then when I run CSGO, it says Microsoft directx installing and still get the same bad stutter. But for some reason, every time I go back and click verify integrity of game files, it keeps telling me 2 files failed to validate and will be required.

I don't know what's going on here?

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Have you scanned/cleaned your system for malware? If so, with what apps?

Are your video drivers current?

From where did you get the game?

I have used Malwarebytes and I'm getting 0 threats after scan. My graphics card is updated and csgo is from steam.

It's like directx is uninstalling it or something is not registering it

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
How did you contract the initial virus and what was it (if you know)?

Is Windows updated? Have you run the Windows System File Checker?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

I think I got it from getting a free software. It was a fake setup I tried running it but nothing happened. Can't remember what type it was though.

I have done that scan just then and says there was corrupted files which was replaced. I checked for the updates and just restarted for it and I still get the 2 files failed to validate and will be required issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.