Question CSGO screen freeze randomly

Jun 10, 2019
So I've scavengered all over the internet, and still couldn't find the proper fix, so I'm hoping someone here could help me.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When I open Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, eventually (in the first 5 minutes) the screen freezes. If it happens while playing, the sound and IO stops working, if it happens on the menu, the sound is still working aswell as the IO ( can actually leave the game by pressing the exit button+enter, just cannot have any visual output of what I'm doing).

FIXES TRIED
  • reinstall windows;
  • reinstall steam;
  • delete everything on steam directory except for: steamapps, userdata & Steam.exe and run Steam directly from that Steam.exe;
  • verify integrity of game files for CSGO;
  • disable windows update (so it won't automatically install the drivers), delete everything of Nvidia (with Display Driver Uninstaller help) & reinstall latest driver with custom settings & setting to true the "clean install" flag;
  • install with and without Nvidia Geforce Experience;
  • a mix of all of the above.
COMPUTER SPECS
  • MB: ATX Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
  • GPU: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX1050 TI G1 GAMING 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X 8 core with default cooler
  • RAM: CORSAIR PC4-19200 2400Mhz 16GB VENGEANCE LPX RED CL14 (2X8GB) DDR4
  • PSU: Seasonic S12II GB 520W 80Plus Bronze
  • SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB M.2 SSD
FURTHER INFO
  • Nothing is overclocked, as it is a new build;
  • Steam is running on the same disk as the game which is a Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB M.2 SSD;
  • I have a dual boot, as such: 1 500GB SSD for Windows10, 1 240GB SSD for Manjaro Deepin, 1 1TB HDD for mutual access and storage;
  • I have an autoexec file, which I can show you fully, but I believe the most relevant lines are as follows: fps_max "300" fps_max_menu "300";
  • Could not replicate the error on Football Manager 2019, through Steam.
Help?

Jun 10, 2019
i thinks its about the RAM since ryzen doesnt work well with anything lower than 3000MHz
Would that be the only problem you saw from what I described? It's just that my main goal right now would be to update my gpu (since it's my build bottleneck)

EDIT:
after further searching, I found this list of compatible RAM with AM4 (https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en_0.pdf ) where I did not found my ram (mine is CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R and the closer I found was CMK16GX4M2A2400C16), so I decided to update my RAM.

Thanks for the answer @jostegogar, cheers.

Last edited: