Question CSM support wont stay disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2022
So basically i need to activate Secure Boot in Windows 11 to play Valorant. To activate Secure Boot i need to disable CSM support first and restart the system to save changes. When i reboot and go back into the BIOS CSM is back on enabled and i cant activate Secure Boot. I looked around on so many forums for a fix and couldnt find anything that helped me.

Specs:
Windows 11
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 1050 Ti
BIOS-Mode: UEFI
BIOS-Version: F3

Thank you for help in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't really like how Vanguard insists on thinking it owns your PC when you want to play Valorant.

BIOS-Version: F3
try updating your bios
Latest version is F15C, you are a little behind - (Nothing new, updating bios because they exist isn't always a good idea. I am missing a few myself) You are not as many BIOS versions behind as it looks as they jumped to number 10 after yours.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

here is one way to do it - https://www.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/Global/MicroSite/121/flashbios_qflash.pdf
it should have Q Flash+ as well but I don't see it mentioned in the manual

I think you will find CSM is already off. and secure boot enabled on the newest BIOS. fTPM will be on as well. They set up for win 11 already.

Otherwise, here are the Steps to enable (all AMD-based Gigabyte mobos) Secure Boot.
Make sure fTPM is enabled. Make sure CSM is disabled. (might help to save these changes by restarting and saving BIOS, before changing secure boot, as if you do it all in one move, it will not save these setting and you will need to repeat them after this next step)
In Secure Boot, select custom under Secure Boot Mode, Select Restore Factory Keys, Say YES to reset without saving.

When BIOS restarts, access BIOS and change Secure Boot Mode back to Standard and then Yes to restart without save.

Let Windows boot fully.

Use msinfo to verify that Secure Boot State is on.
if you don't do it this way, PC may not boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM
Jul 12, 2022
Okay I updated my BIOS and now when I start my PC it skips all "animations" and goes directly into Log In screen. When i spam the Button to normaly get into the BIOS it just stays black and does nothing so I have to shut the pc down. When im in Windows and try the advanced restart through the settings same thing happens. It just goes black. so theres now way to get into BIOS right now

Status
Not open for further replies.