Question Ctrl+A not working (unsolved)

Sep 8, 2019
When I press down on left ctrl i cant use a. If I push them too fast together it does have the chance of sticking the a key which I would need to double-tap to fix. It makes gaming harder and im not sure why it does this ive never had this problem before. I play stuff like csgo and overwatch and I just want to be able to crouch while moving left again. The keyboard I have is also fairly new.

Edit: pushing down on left ctrl does not affect my other keys just a it seems.

Edit 2 9/12/19: Tried another keyboard. The problem seems to be from my computer. Not sure what is conflicting with my keys though. Does anyone have any ideas what might be messing with how my left ctrl and A key are working together?

Last edited:

Geef

Distinguished
Its possible you might have hit one of the controllers with water. My old keyboard wasn't water resistant and when I accidently dumped my pop over on it I lost about half of my key control. You could also try popping the A key and left CTRL key off and see if there is an old chunk of food growing below.

Also don't worry too much. If you are low on cash and can't afford a new keyboard right away you can swing by something like a Walmart and get a cheap 10 dollar keyboard until you can save up for a real one. Or swing by a Goodwill and see if they have an old cheaper than 10 keyboard. (Make sure to wash with bleach after buying!)

Sep 8, 2019
Its possible you might have hit one of the controllers with water. My old keyboard wasn't water resistant and when I accidently dumped my pop over on it I lost about half of my key control. You could also try popping the A key and left CTRL key off and see if there is an old chunk of food growing below.

Also don't worry too much. If you are low on cash and can't afford a new keyboard right away you can swing by something like a Walmart and get a cheap 10 dollar keyboard until you can save up for a real one. Or swing by a Goodwill and see if they have an old cheaper than 10 keyboard. (Make sure to wash with bleach after buying!)
nope seems to be a pc problem just not sure what is causing it