Question ctrl and other keys stuck in laptop keyboard

Oct 6, 2021
so basically, in saturday my laptop keyboard has gone crazy. the control button + shift + others are stuck, and it just types and presses on randomly. what should i do? i accidentally spilled water on it a few months ago, it stopped working, tried everything, didnt work, so i bought a new external one and put it on top. it doesnt press on the buttons so i know for sure it isnt the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. As for the point about water being spilled onto the keyboard, I'd advise on removing the keyboard and sourcing a replacement for the unit or at the very least run the laptop with the external USB driven keyboard. Moisture in a laptop keyboard can't be removed from under the membranes. I'd also ask you to tear down the entire laptop and clean everything possible with isopropyl alcohol.

Oct 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. As for the point about water being spilled onto the keyboard, I'd advise on removing the keyboard and sourcing a replacement for the unit or at the very least run the laptop with the external USB driven keyboard. Moisture in a laptop keyboard can't be removed from under the membranes. I'd also ask you to tear down the entire laptop and clean everything possible with isopropyl alcohol.

this is, i already use an external keyboard, and i dont know how to disable the laptop keyboard. the moment i enter my computer it doesn't let me do anything.