Question CUDA doesn’t work while rendering

Armaan1029

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
First of all CUDA is enabled in premiere pro and i have select this before start any project.

The problem is whenever i start rendering my 1080p video it takes double time as the length of the video, for example if my video is 30 mins long it will take 60mins to complete and if i work in 4K it will take 4X time of the video length. For example the video length is 30mins it will take 120 mins, i mean i dont know what is wrong in my system. As i tried the same video on another system that 30 mins 1080p video took 15 mins only and 4k video took 60 mins. When i check CUDA in task manager my CUDA load was at only 1% and on other system it was on 25% load. So i know that there is a CUDA issue in my system or in PREMIERE PRO. And here comes the surprise part, yesterday when i was working in 4K and i just export my 17 mins video and it took just 25 mins and CUDA load was at 25% with taking 4GB of VRam. So I thought it is somehow enables and worked but today when i start my work in 1080p 50 mins video , it is again saying 100 mins and CUDA is on 1% load.

1.Tried source file from SSD and exports in another SSD same Problem.

2.Tried source file from HDD and exports in exact drive same problem.

3.Tried Source file from SSD and exports to that exact drive Same Problem.

4.Tried Source file from SSD and exports in HDDsame problem.

At last i wanna say premiere pro memory settings is already reserved 12.9GBmemory for PPro 2018 out of 15.9GB(RAM)

If you guys know anything it might be helpful for me. Just post your solution.

My specs are:-

Core i7 4770 upto 3.9Ghz

Kingston HYPERX 16GB RAM 1600Mhz DDR3 (2X8GB) (Dual Channel)

GTX 1080 Founder’s Edition GDDR5X 8GB

Crucial BX500 SSD

Gigabyte B85M D3H

WD RED 4TB

Kingston A120 SSD

And all above mentioned drives are Atleast 25% free space.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions or solutions.

I'll be watching your thread.

I had the same problem and no one has answered my question yet. My GPU load was 4%. But it still took twice as long to render as the length of the 1080p video. 10 min video took 20 min to render. CPU usage is 85%. Primiere Pro 2019.

Armaan1029

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
I'll be watching your thread.

I had the same problem and no one has answered my question yet. My GPU load was 4%. But it still took twice as long to render as the length of the 1080p video. 10 min video took 20 min to render. CPU usage is 85%. Primiere Pro 2019.

Do you know any solution??
I am about to clean install new premiere pro 2019 today and i hope it will work, as i know this is not the solution but i will do just for testing, and always export at CBR so i will change VBR PASS 1.
From how many months you are getting this problem??
As i am getting this from very first day

Do you know any solution??
I am about to clean install new premiere pro 2019 today and i hope it will work, as i know this is not the solution but i will do just for testing, and always export at CBR so i will change VBR PASS 1.
From how many months you are getting this problem??
As i am getting this from very first day
I don't know of a solution. I'm new to Adobe and video editing. I only started using Primiere Pro about 2 weeks ago. It has been that way since then. I also change to vbr1 pass because 2 pass doesn't work.

Reactions: Armaan1029

TRENDING THREADS