[SOLVED] curiosity / problem with system 5.1 Logitech z906/Sound Blaster z

kanon82

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
Hi everyone, a curiosity .. I recently got a Logitech z906 mounted on a sound Blaster Z sound card .. connected with 3.5 cables, because practically all games there is always a much lower sound than the rest .. for for example, the boxes that break .. the rustle of the grass,footsteps, things that in stereo you hear loud and clear in the surround sound low .. but it is not the volume problem of the speakers, those are balanced .. any explanation? thank you

Solution
maybe it is also the fault of my bad English, for example on another PC with stereo configuration in Nioh 2 if I break some boxes it is heard, on mine the sound is much lower compared to the rest, the sound I am talking about does not come from the rear speakers, but from the front ones .. do you have the same configuration?

No, all of my speakers are just stereo. Is your audio options the same on both speakers? You are also probably comparing two different sound cards, how they process the sound is almost certainly different. It could be the box breaking sound is actually more correct when it's lower. Compare game audio settings also, two different systems it's not easy to compare them exactly.
Not really sure what you are saying the issue is here, surround sound is almost always quieter than main sounds form the center/left/right speakers unless the mix for the rear sound is made to be loud, like an explosion behind you. Maybe you are not explaining the issue properly but to me what you hear sounds right.

kanon82

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
Not really sure what you are saying the issue is here, surround sound is almost always quieter than main sounds form the center/left/right speakers unless the mix for the rear sound is made to be loud, like an explosion behind you. Maybe you are not explaining the issue properly but to me what you hear sounds right.
maybe it is also the fault of my bad English, for example on another PC with stereo configuration in Nioh 2 if I break some boxes it is heard, on mine the sound is much lower compared to the rest, the sound I am talking about does not come from the rear speakers, but from the front ones .. do you have the same configuration?

Last edited:

No, all of my speakers are just stereo. Is your audio options the same on both speakers? You are also probably comparing two different sound cards, how they process the sound is almost certainly different. It could be the box breaking sound is actually more correct when it's lower. Compare game audio settings also, two different systems it's not easy to compare them exactly.

Reactions: kanon82
Solution