Question Curious Question About The EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Black GAMING

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi i am currently using a Asus ROG Strix RX 570 and was thinking of upgrading to the 1660 since i was thinking of going back with Nvidia that and also the fact that the RX 570 i have was the first time i had to replace the thermal paste after 6 months of using it and the 1660 i was thinking of getting was this one which i would like some opinions on it because i always used Asus and a few times MSI (which i have had bad experiences with MSI on GPU's) so any thoughts on this would be helpful and also plan on getting it next week.

Also would like to mention since i am always on a tight budget the 1660 is what i am able to afford and i don't want to wait 3 months to get the Ti model.

Unless you are limited by space, and need a short single fan model, I would save a few more bucks and get the XC Ultra gaming. The black edition cards are at the bottom of the pack for every card series, plus being single fan models they are going to suffer by comparison when it comes to thermal management.

It's worth the extra 25 bucks for the XC Ultra gaming, by a long shot.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($319.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $319.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-27 13:15 EDT-0400

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Unless you are limited by space, and need a short single fan model, I would save a few more bucks and get the XC Ultra gaming. The black edition cards are at the bottom of the pack for every card series, plus being single fan models they are going to suffer by comparison when it comes to thermal management.

It's worth the extra 25 bucks for the XC Ultra gaming, by a long shot.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($319.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $319.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-27 13:15 EDT-0400

Um thanks but also like to point out this is also the case i am using the Rosewill Prism S which as of right now with the RX 570 i have in my system for some reason before i was using this case i was getting an average of 71c and now for most of my games i get an average of 55c so my thought was single even though that is a single fan it does have a massive heatsink and well since my fans would be blowing on the card i didn't think there would be too much of a difference.

TRENDING THREADS