Curious

G

I fully expect the flames to fly, but here it goes. This goes out to Matisaro. I was just wondering. Is there a forum topic on the Radeon 8500 that you haven't posted in? I can see from reading post, after post, after post, that you're very upset at ATI for "cheating" with their optimized QuakeIII drivers. You're right, that's exactly what they did. But man, get over it! Seriously. Get over it! At first your posts were kind of funny. Now they're just pathetic. And, equally pathetic is me registering to the forum just to say that. But, as a long time lurker, I just couldn't handle your whining anymore. Your posts are like a car accident. I fear to look, yet I cannot turn away. You're pissed at ATI. You're never going to buy anything from ATI. Right, okay, gotcha. Please give it a rest.

Huked onn foniks wurkd fir mi

DaveGOD

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
i havent been in these forums for a while so ive not seen any of those posts, yet i still find your post amusing.

"Bring out the dead..."
"I'm not dead yet!"
"Yes you are!"

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Dude, you're accusing Matisaro of whinning and what not, but here in the good ol' US of A were given the freedom of speech. If you can't handle what he has to say then just let it be, don't stoop down to his "whinning" level, but wait..you just did

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
LoL, my post after post after post is just a fraction of the time I spend here, if you check the cpu forums you will see tons of useful helpful posts from me.

My stance on the radeon 8500 position is very clear, and unlike some people, when someone makes a counter point, I will check back and continue the debate.

NO, I will not give it a rest, youre right registering to flame someone is pathetic. This forum is a place for discussion, I am carrying on discussions with others on the subject of not only ATIS cheating, but of AMDs cpu struggle, of the p4s flaws, of how to fix a printer error, to the viability of xp. I have nearly 1700 posts and less than 20 were devoted to the radeon debate, perhaps you, who claim to be a "long time lurker" should read more of my posts before insulting me.

This particular section is nearly dead, it gets about 20 posts a day, and I check it every third day. The only new topics I find are 8500vs gf3 topics which I read and comment on in kind, if other people would start other conversations you would see my posts in this section become more diversified. So if you dont like reading about ATI's cheating, why dont you start another topic for everyone to discuss. Instead of whining about seeing my oppinions on atis cheating.

Furthermore, the only reason I have posted so much on the topic of the radeon is that so many people have come here asking which is better, every day I see 3 or 4 which is better posts, and I reply to HELP THEM, by giving them the facts and letting them decide. I am not upset by radeons cheating I just think they should not get away with it. So I will continue to offer advice and state my view on the subject when asked, and if you dont like it, you dont have to read it.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
i couldnt have said that better myself.

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

WiseGuy1

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I see where your going but I think if you look at that thread in comparison to many others in this forum you'll find it's actually a pretty good thread. 9 chances out 10, a thread will turn into a two sided bash that ends in name calling and rough language. I think the key word Matisaro used was DEBATE. From my point of view that's exactly what it is and in a debate you have to take one side or the other. Both sides have given good info. but more importantly their throwing out links in an attempt to back up their side of the debate. I'm actually viewing that thread fairly frequently and think it's been well handled compared to most. I must also say it's a pretty good thread for helping one in their decision to choose one product over another. I'm sure the fella that started it is getting a lot more information than he ever planned on getting or more than he even wanted.

<A HREF="http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=510E6639-84A1-465D-A914-07BDB039E379" target="_new">UD</A>

WiseGuy1

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I'm not taking sides BTW. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show. I stumped between a GF3 and 8500 myself:)

<A HREF="http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=510E6639-84A1-465D-A914-07BDB039E379" target="_new">UD</A>

Raleldor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, they are both remarkably good video cards.

People who benchmark them now can say it goes either way.

Nvidia is coming out with new drivers, so is ATI, dx8.1 comes out soon..

No way to tell right now.. But I have to say.. its nice to see that the GF3 has competition

OC my Radeon 8500? k
CPU: 285, 295, 305
memory: 510, 520, 530
what was that? :eek:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks, that is what I am trying to do, have a friendly debate, I havent even mentioned anyone by name in the debate, just put out the ideas and counter points, with evidence to back them up.

It becomes troll like flaming when.

"ati sucks you poo poo head" are the most enlightened posts in the thread.

I really dont see why this guy felt it so important to flame me specifically that he comes out of the woodwork to attack me.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~