Question Curiousity about MSI x370 xpower gaming Ti

Oct 25, 2019
Hi,

I have some questions regarding my MSI x370 xpower gaming titanium.

In the manual it states that when using two GPUs, the first slot will go down from x16 to x8 just like if you used the first m.2 slot (gen3.0 x4), that it will also reduce the first pcie slot to x8.
But what if i used the first m.2 slot together with 2 GPUs?

Would i maintain m.2 slot at gen 3.0 x4 with dual GPUs running at x8 x8?

Or is my first slot further reduced to maybe x4?

The motherboard has an extra CPU 4 pin port besides the 8 pin.
I will be running a ryzen 1800x and 2 sticks of ram, one HDD for storage, cpu AIO, an M.2 nvme storage and some fans.
Is the extra 4 pin necessary if im not overclocking the cpu but enables/uses the extended frequency range (XFR) feature?

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Why would you even want these GPUs? They are really old and not that powerfull... Just get a single gtx 1660 super or something in that range and you are good to go... Plus the stress of getting unsupporting SLI games to work...

Reactions: Inteltillamd
Oct 25, 2019
Why would you even want these GPUs? They are really old and not that powerfull... Just get a single gtx 1660 super or something in that range and you are good to go... Plus the stress of getting unsupporting SLI games to work...

i know they are really old but it looks nice in this particualr rig. Ill be playing old games with this rig and i believe gpus of this era is good enough.

would the above question work?
Also curiousity really gets the best of me :)