[SOLVED] Current 5900X price?

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Been waiting for stock to come back, price has been steady at $549.

Just saw stock return at my local MC and their price is $699.99..:mad:

What gives? Is this the new price?

The 5600X increased by a large margin also and the 5800X seems to have gone down slightly?

Maybe I missed the news, but this is crazy. I get the supply part but the prices have been steady.

Solution
Agreed but unless you have good GPU already then there's no point in building IMO.

I think that just depends on your goal, based on your use case needs. A lot of people I know don't need a GPU, but just do tons of chrome tabs and office tasks, dVR etc. So lot of good uses with no GPU needed.

That is a good reason why the intel having built in graphics is a big win especially in current state of affairs.

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
MC has been steady with the 5600X price of $299.99, that's what I paid for mine, now currently $349.

This price hike has been within the last month or so.

$150 increase for the 5900X?

That's ridiculous.

wyliec2

Splendid
Apr 4, 2014
That is unusual. I haven't seen a 5900X in quite a while but the last one I saw previously was $549. My local MC shows $699 for a 5900X - almost makes me wonder if it's an error...???

I picked up a 5950X at MC two weeks ago for the $799 MSRP. At $699 for a 5900X, it's a much simpler consideration to get the 5950X instead!

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
MC has nothing to lose by jacking it up.

I respectfully disagree.

They ABSOLUTELY do have something to lose, it's called a customer. Now do they care? Obviously not.

There has been demand since launch, people have been waiting outside, EVERY DAY and MC has been selling the 5600X, 5800X, and a few 5900X's since launch, at their listed MSRP. Only a few at a time, but now since they have a decent stock on hand, with the same demand since the launch date, they jack the price up by $150.

That's greed IMO.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Agreed but unless you have good GPU already then there's no point in building IMO.

I think that just depends on your goal, based on your use case needs. A lot of people I know don't need a GPU, but just do tons of chrome tabs and office tasks, dVR etc. So lot of good uses with no GPU needed.

That is a good reason why the intel having built in graphics is a big win especially in current state of affairs.

Solution