Question Current best freesync monitor?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013
Hello everyone how are you? Hope that fine!
I'm currently making a build but all comes to the monitor as main piece.
I wanted a freesync monitor ips 1440p 144hz.
On a full AMD build.
But none to be seen that is actually good for gaming and general use.
Therefore is making me chose and g-sync option that is alot more expensive that I would prefer not to but can with nvidia components.
The Acer Predator XB271HU is g-sync and looks a beast..
but I would like a freesync equivalent.

Is there no freesync option just as good as this one? I just cant seem to find.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Exactly. As triple A title gaming demands increase that small 10% gap in ipc difference will quickly close and favor the multicore performance of 3600x will be what will ultimately give that system longevity. Additionally the increasing gaming demand will just create a gpu bound scenario any ways so all that is needed is to meet recommended processor system requirements for said future triple A title and WAY better multicore performance is what will achieve this.

Reactions: Brotherofwar

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013
Exactly. As triple A title gaming demands increase that small 10% gap in ipc difference will quickly close and favor the multicore performance of 3600x will be what will ultimately give that system longevity. Additionally the increasing gaming demand will just create a gpu bound scenario any ways so all that is needed is to meet recommended processor system requirements for said future triple A title and WAY better multicore performance is what will achieve this.
Due noted.
Thanks for the help!!! Apreciated.