Current pending and uncorrectable sectors on new HDD

hlewagastir

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
Hey everybody,

My cousin bought a Lenovo Ideapad 320s for collage 2 months ago, and it's acting up with occasional screen flickering, hang ups and programs not responding, and at startup it takes it 5-20 min to get past the Lenovo logo and boot into windows (I can always access the BIOS though).

Scanned all the hardware (except the memory) and the only problem so far is with the hdd.
According to CryDiskInfo 7.5 and Speedfan: 99 current pending sector count, 99 uncorrectable sector count and 89 reallocated sector count... Could this cause above mentioned symptoms?

And is there a reliable software fix for it or are we looking at RMA and a new hdd?

Thank you in advance for any comments and/or suggestions :)

Edit:
I can't see the pictures I added to the post, so I'm going to put them in as links as well.
open

CrystalDiskInfo 1
open

CrystalDiskInfo 2
open

Speedfan 1
open

Speedfan 2

Solution
Sorry to hear you're having trouble here. You're going to want to install and run our free diagnostic software SeaTools to check the health of the drive. We don't publish drive attributes and thresholds as a matter of policy, which means that data from third-party programs can sometimes be inaccurate or inconsistent, here is our Interpreting SMART Data Knowledge Base article for more information.

If you'd like to check into any potential warranty on the drive, you can use our Warranty Validation Tool. You can also reach out directly to Seagate Support if needed.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble here. You're going to want to install and run our free diagnostic software SeaTools to check the health of the drive. We don't publish drive attributes and thresholds as a matter of policy, which means that data from third-party programs can sometimes be inaccurate or inconsistent, here is our Interpreting SMART Data Knowledge Base article for more information.

If you'd like to check into any potential warranty on the drive, you can use our Warranty Validation Tool. You can also reach out directly to Seagate Support if needed.

Solution

hlewagastir

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
Hey Seagate_surfer,

I ran Seatools and it passed the SMART and Short Generic tests, but failed the Short DST and Long Generic. It's bought at a reputable shop and it's still within warranty, so I'll advice her to ask the shop for a repair/change of harddrive.

Thanks for the help :)