[SOLVED] Current Pending Sector and Offline Correctable, above zero

Jan 28, 2019
Hi there, I have been reading a lot, and most of people say stuff like, This means disk is dying, relocate your stuff.

Error poped out today, after I changed fans in case. This is brand new disk, It was installed half year ago.
WD20EZRZ-22Z5HBO 2000GB Blue.

This is what errors show me.
dcy93qe-60f46489-5c59-4a2b-8968-3221bdb167fa.png

dcy93qh-6b346842-2bdf-4d2f-835e-c01370fee1bd.png

I didn't kicked or nocked off chase, so if its false alarm, how do I fix it? I already backed up all my files. And I'm running bad sector scan. Just in case.

Solution
You have 1 sector waiting to be re-tested (Current pending) and 1 failed sector (Uncorrectable) which means any data in it, if there was any, was not recoverable or it would have been a Reallocated Sector instead.

IMO, keep an eye on the drive and if the Uncorrectable and Reallocated start climbing then RMA the drive.

popatim

Titan
You have 1 sector waiting to be re-tested (Current pending) and 1 failed sector (Uncorrectable) which means any data in it, if there was any, was not recoverable or it would have been a Reallocated Sector instead.

IMO, keep an eye on the drive and if the Uncorrectable and Reallocated start climbing then RMA the drive.

Solution