Currently recommended tool/utility for motherboard temps, fan monitoring and adjustment

I have as ASRock Z370 Motherboard and an Intel Core i5 8600 processor. Also an older GPU - MSI (AMD) R7950.

Lately, in testing a game we're developing, when my GPU gets to around 40% util, the fan would kick up a notch and temps would show as 70C. Rest of motherboard/CPU temps are in the lower 40C range.

My motherboard (case) fans are virtually noiseless and probably turning around 800 RPM, while the GPU fan is going in excess of 2,400 rpm. The CPU is cooled by an NZXT Kraken AIO cooler.

My current suspicion is that the slow case fans, are causing the temps in the case too be a tad uncomfortable for the GPU, hence the temp increase and fan noise. I'm inclined to this theory because if my ambient temp is lower than 25C, then I'm not getting the fan noise increase as much, whereas if I let my ambient slide up a bit, then it seems as if the GPU fan is more likely to kick in.

I seem to recall that I set the case/motherboard/CPU fan profiles in the ASrock UEFI. Somehow I can't recall what utilities I used a few months back when I assembled this PC and performed burn-in tests.

Now to my question: What good, current utilities are there to monitor temps and monitor/adjust fan speeds (ideally even updating the UEFI fan profiles - although once I've identified this as an issue, i should probably just go into UEFI and "fix" the fan profiles.

I looked at Speedfan from Almico, but it seems not to have been updated in a long while. I have Speccy, but that is only a monitor, I know about the Open Hardware monitor, but again, that doesn't allow adjustment...

open to some suggestions, thanks!

Solution
Changing thermal paste isn't dangerous. Should help a lot.

As for the software, I know "AI Suite 3" by Asus. "OC Tuner" by Asrock. I still recommend going through the BIOS.
http://www.asrock.com/feature/OCTuner/

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
MSI (AMD) R7950
Radeon HD 7950 = 6-7 year old GPU. Opening it, thoroughly cleaning the heatsink and changing the dried thermal paste would be better.

My 1060 at 100% with fans at 30%, takes at least a minute or two to reach 70c. If it shots up fast, it means a thermal paste change and cleaning it is needed.

As for the case fans, if you feel hot air coming out from the exhausts, it means you need to increase speed. Use motherboard BIOS for that. I recommend 2 exhaust + 2 or more intake fan placement.

Sorry, I should have said that I cleaned it up thoroughly when I installed it in the new system.

I don't really want to take the drastic steps of diving under the hood of the GPU, since this isn't the time for me to replace it if I mess up.

I'd rather explore case airflow and temps first, since that is less drastic and the fact that it only heats up after 40+ minutes of testing and only if ambient is >25C indicates that airflow might resolve it. SO back to my question of a good utility for adjusting MB fan speed?

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Changing thermal paste isn't dangerous. Should help a lot.

As for the software, I know "AI Suite 3" by Asus. "OC Tuner" by Asrock. I still recommend going through the BIOS.
http://www.asrock.com/feature/OCTuner/

Solution