[SOLVED] Currently running Intel i5-10400f what max GPU I could run with it?

Jan 21, 2021
Hey guys,
I currently have a pre built that I'm trying to do some different upgrades to here and there. I'm running an intel i5-10400f cpu with an Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU. What is the best GPU I could upgrade to that would get the most out of the i5-10400f? Could I run a 3060 on that CPU? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
What is the best GPU I could upgrade to that would get the most out of the i5-10400f? Could I run a 3060 on that CPU?
Basically anything. RTX 3090 - for example.
Mainly it's your PSU, that limits, what can be used. And your budget, of course.

RTX 3060 requires good quality 550W PSU.
Jan 21, 2021
Basically anything. RTX 3090 - for example.
Mainly it's your PSU, that limits, what can be used. And your budget, of course.

RTX 3060 requires good quality 550W PSU.

Well I would be upgrade PSU and cooling once GPU is upgraded. So your saying a 3060 paired with the i5-10400f would be a fine combo for gaming?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What GPU you should get will be more based on:
  • What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync range?
  • What specific games are you looking to play?
  • Are you going for max details, or max frame rates? Both? Some compromise?

Jan 21, 2021
What GPU you should get will be more based on:
  • What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync range?
  • What specific games are you looking to play?
  • Are you going for max details, or max frame rates? Both? Some compromise?
I currently have a dual monitor setup. Main gaming monitor is 144hz HP X24ih. I mainly play apex legends and I'm just looking to play at a constant 144 frames on max res. I currently stay between 100-144hz pretty consistently on medium-high settings, but its never a constant 144 frames.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Odd, I'm finding inconsistent information on that monitor. What's consistent is that it's got a 48-144Hz range, and AMD FreeSync Premium.

But, HP's site says the resolution is 1920x1080, and another sites say 1920x1200.

Wait, are you looking for 144fps on max details?