Question Cursor flickering and laptop has gone incredibly slow.

Technoob663

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
The mouse cursor starts flickering and my laptop becomes very slow i have to hit F5 couple of time then it comes back to normal. Earlier it was like once every 3-4 hours but now 5-7 times every minute. I tried every thing- scanning for viruses, defragmanting the HDD etc. I even reinstalled Windows but the problems is still there. Pls help guys im not able to use my laptop without refreshing every few seconds.

Hello

Can you please check if any BIOS update is available for the motherboard?

You may also want to get to the Device Manager snap-in, and scan for an updated mouse driver. If the driver is already updated to its latest version, please try rolling it back to an earlier built and see if doing so does the trick.

Good Luck!!

Technoob663

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Hello

Can you please check if any BIOS update is available for the motherboard?

You may also want to get to the Device Manager snap-in, and scan for an updated mouse driver. If the driver is already updated to its latest version, please try rolling it back to an earlier built and see if doing so does the trick.

Good Luck!!

I tried everything you said, but the problems still there. Do you think its an Hardware issue? If yes, which?

Technoob663

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
It could very well be hardware. I don't think so yet. If you're on a web page that's sucking up resources and a you hit f5 and it's fine, it's probably that page. Is it page specific or browser specific ?

The slow down doesn't happen on any particular webpage, browser or anything. It just happens, even if my laptop is sitting idle with nothing running it slows down. If im using any programs and the slow down happens i have to go to my desktop and hit F5 couple of time to bring it back to normal

Technoob663

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
What sort of event or app triggers are in the event viewer? What model is it? Happen near an update? If you went fresh install, maybe display drivers, inf update util, ssd or sata?

Well there's one thing i noticed that whenever my laptop goes slow, the process "Desktop Window Manager" takes up a lot of RAM and drops immediately after i refresh my Desktop.

Reactions: DebamG
Oct 23, 2021
Hello Debam here, I am facing the same issue. The mouse cursor is flickering and it doesn't let me do any work . Basically the system lags.
It happens even if i don't do anything on my system..
Help would be appreciated...

TRENDING THREADS