[SOLVED] Cursor jumps

benedetto2009

Reputable
Nov 12, 2017
Hello everybody.
I hope this is the right forum.
A friend of mine has this Asus laptop with Win 7 and has this problem:

The cursor jumps and when she tries to write an email all of a sudden everything disappears.

In the past we have tried some pad blocking software but to no avail.

Could it be a virus? I think she has Avast free.
Thanks a lot and best regards

Solution
You might want to see if reinstalling your touchpad/trackpad drivers resolves the issue. On another note, see if Keyboardtester.com reveals and keys being depressed. If that checks out negative, you may want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending.

Speaking of laptops, what is the model for your Asus laptop?

If you suspect the laptop to be malware laced, use malwarebytes and run a complete scan on all drives.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if reinstalling your touchpad/trackpad drivers resolves the issue. On another note, see if Keyboardtester.com reveals and keys being depressed. If that checks out negative, you may want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending.

Speaking of laptops, what is the model for your Asus laptop?

If you suspect the laptop to be malware laced, use malwarebytes and run a complete scan on all drives.

Solution
Hello everybody.
I hope this is the right forum.
A friend of mine has this Asus laptop with Win 7 and has this problem:

The cursor jumps and when she tries to write an email all of a sudden everything disappears.

In the past we have tried some pad blocking software but to no avail.

Could it be a virus? I think she has Avast free.
Thanks a lot and best regards

This is 90% sure to be them hitting the touchpad while typing. Try this same thing using an external keyboard and mouse for a while and see what happens. Every single time I have seen a post about this, it was the touchpad being hit.