Question Cursor lag on monitor when plugged in first displayport but not the other displayports

GillyH

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Hello,

I have a Acer XB270HU monitor. I have an issue where the monitor will randomly go black when on and my PC wont display the input. It says no signal. It does this every once in awhile and I then play with unplugging my displayport cables and turning off the monitor and turning it back on, and it will go back on. I sometimes try different displayport inputs and that can work too but not all the time.

While doing this, I discovered an issue where if I plug in my displayport cable into the first displayport connection on the far right of my 980TI, that my cursor has mouse lag. There is definitely a lag when I am connected to this port when just moving the cursor on my desktop. When I plug in my displayport cable in the 3 other ports, there is absolutely no lag.

Does anyone know why? I am wondering because I am thinking maybe my monitor wont go black if I can use the first displayport. Right now, it is unusable because of the mouse lag. Is there a fix? Is it a defect in my monitor or fixable? I already accepted at some point I will have to get a new monitor.

Thank you, appreciate any help

JuhaniPelaa

Commendable
Dec 31, 2019
Looks like you have got a faulty graphics card my friend. It seems like the monitor is fine and your gpu is faulty. Gtx 980ti would not be enough anyway so think about buying a new gpu arround 200-250$. The monitor is not all that great but not the problem in this case.