Curved 4k monitor?

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
So I was looking around at best buy, it's new TV time, and I'm kinda split on the whole 4k for my tv idea, however I saw these new curved samsung 4k and got to thinking, that may be a awesome replacement for my 3x 1080p desktop setup. A 40 Inch would be awesome but I think right now the smallest they offer in curved is a 50. So I guess my only real question is does anyone have one of these monster sized 4k TV's setup as a monitor that you use while sitting at a desk? what do you like, what do you hate? I'm in no rush, and dont need to do this, but I'm considering it, worst case scenario I hate it and have a 4k tv for the bedroom (the curved 4k causes to much distortion for my liking in the living room setup). Anyways, just looking for opinions/experience, really any input anyone has. Thanks.

Solution
I guess i just keep holding out hope for some ultra widescreen slightly curved 4k monitor to replace my 3. I guess upgrading to 1440p wouldn't be a bad option, maybe get something with thinner bezels. Thanks for the input guys.

Robertwhyte

Reputable
May 6, 2014
oh dude, i would buy that thing in a heartbeat if i had the money. jealous.

EDIT: just noticed you said 50 inch and TV.... hell no! 30 inches max for a desktop! and make sure its a monitor as tvs tend to look bad on PCs.

sours

Honorable
May 7, 2013
I have almost 5' of screen in my triple setup and I use it for productivity work/gaming and really like it, even sitting up close to it as monitors... I think the reason I put up with it up close is I can snap windows to each of the three monitors, if it was one big screen I wouldn't be able to do that and it'd get kind of obnoxious I think, or maybe I'm just tricking myself into liking the bezels. Either way, don't get the curved TV yet wait til price point drops in next year and a half or two, unless you want bleeding edge tech and are willing to pay for it. For the cost of a curved 4k you could get three Asus ROG Swift's in portrait and surround and it'd be incredible

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I guess i just keep holding out hope for some ultra widescreen slightly curved 4k monitor to replace my 3. I guess upgrading to 1440p wouldn't be a bad option, maybe get something with thinner bezels. Thanks for the input guys.

Solution

Mr_Venbeer

Reputable
May 11, 2014

Yeah I would buy an ultra long monitor

TRENDING THREADS