[SOLVED] Curved Monitor Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbrett2000

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I'm in the market for a new display, and I think I'm pretty set on getting a curved monitor. This will be for a mix of work (lots of spreadsheets, some photoshop,/programming, etc.) and of course gaming.

The Dell U3419w looks pretty solid but I noticed it didn't have HDR. Since I'll probably keep this monitor around for 10 years like my last one, that's likely a deal breaker for me. I'd be upgrading from a Dell U2711 monitor, which I have been very happy with.

What I'm looking for:
  • $700 budget (not a hard budget; I'm willing to spend a little more if necessary)
  • 34 inches (I love the idea of a 42 inch but price and desk space may be limiting factors)
  • HDR
  • Sync and refresh rate don't need to be crazy fast but solid. I play a lot of Flight Simulator, Civ, RPGs and the like. I don't dabble in FPS all that often.
So, what say you fellow computer gurus? What are some other curved monitors I should be considering, ideally based on personal experience?

superbrett2000

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Just finished reading the review. This sounds like an unbeatable value and comes in quite a bit lower than my budget. Lack of USB ports and low stand height can easily be mitigated.

Definitely circling this one for the short list.

Just finished reading the review. This sounds like an unbeatable value and comes in quite a bit lower than my budget. Lack of USB ports and low stand height can easily be mitigated.

Definitely circling this one for the short list.
I have a Samsung C34F791 that I got in 2017. This has everything my monitor has, minus USB, with a higher refresh rate and HDR for 1/2 the price mine was new. I can tell you that once you go with an ultrawide screen, you will never want to go back to standard monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.