News Curvy Nvidia RTX 4090 Purportedly Poses for Pics

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
Not related to the article, just curious, if the RTX 4090 is shaping to be 2x faster than the previous gen 3090, can we hope all other cards to follow suit? Like a RTX 4060 2x faster than a 3060 would trade blows with a RTX 3080.. that would be awesome! Then a 4070 would be faster than a 3090Ti by 15%.. imagine that for around $550.

geogan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Would Nvidia be going after Zotac to find and hang this particular factory worker? Or would Zotac gets fined or punished in any way for this obvious factory leak? Or does nobody give a <Mod Edit> any more?

Last edited by a moderator:

Giroro

Splendid
Not related to the article, just curious, if the RTX 4090 is shaping to be 2x faster than the previous gen 3090, can we hope all other cards to follow suit? Like a RTX 4060 2x faster than a 3060 would trade blows with a RTX 3080.. that would be awesome! Then a 4070 would be faster than a 3090Ti by 15%.. imagine that for around $550.

Nvidia is untouchable, at least in terms of discrete GPU sales and market share. So, they have essentially no reason to make a new gen card that is 2x the performance of last gen, nor do they have any real reason to offer any product that resembles a "good value". At least, I think their extremely wealthy/out of touch executives probably feel that way.

I think they will just continue their RTX trends:
  • 15% more performance for 15% more money.
  • An RTX 3050 that far more expensive than the more powerful RTX 2060.
  • No new products in the entry-level nor mainstream price range (sub $300).
  • Sponsorship deals with every major influencer, who will all falsely pretend like it is in any way common, exciting, or reasonable to spend $1000+ on framerate differences that are humanly impossible to perceive.
  • Put out a lot of misinformation and fear tactics that the flood of used GPUs (particularly mining GPUS) are somehow bad/high risk, even though they are fine.
We'll see how that holds up in what looks to a perfect storm of bad market conditions. I think Nvidia is at least going to try really hard to milk their fans/whales for as much cash as they can possibly squeeze - and hope that they can build up a nest egg before the bottom falls out entirely.... But they could easily be too late for that strategy to work.

Reactions: UnCertainty08

dk382

Commendable
Aug 31, 2021
edit: ^^^ I am DEFINITELY bookmarking this post. Hoo boy.

The "Key Features" section is hard to make out, but Wccftech has a less artifacted image in their article on this leak. One of the bullet points you can make out is "PCI Express Gen 4," so those 5.0 x16 slots on your new motherboards may stay in 4.0 mode for a while yet. I might be able to make out "DisplayPort 1.4a," but that's much harder to tell.

Reactions: alceryes

Giroro

Splendid
Would Nvidia be going after Zotac to find and hang this particular factory worker? Or would Zotac gets fined or punished in any way for this obvious factory leak? Or does nobody care any more?
Well that first raises two questions: Was this leak deliberate? It's interesting all the important hardware details just happen to be unreadable. It could be guerrilla marketing.

Also, did anybody at any factory ever care at any point?

, just curious, if the RTX 4090 is shaping to be 2x faster than the previous gen 3090, can we hope all other cards to follow suit? Like a RTX 4060 2x faster than a 3060 would trade blows with a RTX 3080.. that would be awesome!
given they plan for the 30 series to co exist with 40 series.....no.

already gonna be expensive even at low end given that prior coexistence.

That's highly unlikely. And keep in mind those rumors about the enthusiast-level cards are likely referring to raw compute performance, not gaming performance. Just compare the 30-series as an example of what that can mean. Due to a change in architecture, the compute performance of the 30-series climbed massively over the 20-series, but that didn't equate to similar gains in gaming performance. The 3070 is considered a 20.3 Tflop card as far as compute performance is concerned, but in games it only performs on-par with a 13.4 Tflop 2080 Ti. That certainly makes it faster than the 2070 SUPER it was replacing at that price point, but not over twice as fast as the increased compute performance would imply. More like 35-40% faster, or around 50% faster than the original 2070.

And of course, we don't know pricing. Even if the 4090 actually managed to be around twice as fast as a 3090 in certain demanding games at high resolutions, it could end up priced significantly higher to match. And even the 3090 was considered to be a terrible value at launch, being only 10-15% faster than a "$700" 3080. So, the 3080 is what these new enthusiast cards should be compared against, not the semi-professional pricing of the 3090 or the crypto-influenced pricing of models released last year.

As for the 4060, rumor is that it may perform around the level of a 3070, and won't launch until early next year. But again, we don't know pricing. If it's around $400, then the card to compare it against would be the 3060 Ti, not the 3060. While the 3070 might be around 45-50% faster than a 3060, it's only around 15% faster than a 3060 Ti. So, pricing is everything, and depending on pricing, that level of performance gains could range anywhere from decent to bad.

Reactions: KyaraM
Well, well something else than rectangular...
Why not, the could be really cool looking if they would go further!
I'll agree here. Much like the Radeon 5700X's curvy blower design, I* like wavy/curvy designs as long as they don't get in the way of cooling.

I personally do not like Zotac, but I have to say I do like this design.

Regards.

edit: ^^^ I am DEFINITELY bookmarking this post. Hoo boy.

The "Key Features" section is hard to make out, but Wccftech has a less artifacted image in their article on this leak. One of the bullet points you can make out is "PCI Express Gen 4," so those 5.0 x16 slots on your new motherboards may stay in 4.0 mode for a while yet. I might be able to make out "DisplayPort 1.4a," but that's much harder to tell.
Yeah, the 'Key Features' section is just small enough to garble the wording - probably on purpose.

I see the PCIe 4.0 line too. Truthfully, that doesn't really matter. We're not even getting to where a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot limits performance. PCIe 4.0 will be just fine for years to come.

Which looks faster?

lamborghini-reventon-2014-wallpaper-177004.jpg

8-sports-cars-from-t-5_800x0w.jpg

geogan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Well that first raises two questions: Was this leak deliberate? It's interesting all the important hardware details just happen to be unreadable. It could be guerrilla marketing.

Also, did anybody at any factory ever care at any point?

Well I know no low paid factiory worker cares ever. But does their boss with direct contract with NVidia care? And would NVidia care to have a word with him? That's what I'd like to know!