CUSL-2 BLACK PERL Memory problem

G

If i put 256 meg of DOUBLE SIDED sdram in my black perl m/board it only shows up as 128 meg.
I have one 512 meg sdram 64x4 DOUBLE SIDED sdram stick and if i insert this into my mother shows up as 256 meg.
But if i insert 1 SINGLE SIDED 64 meg stick it shows up as 64 meg. does anyone else have this problem it is rather anyoying as i have chenged the m/board twice and it still does it.? Bios is latest build 600a and i have even triyed the 1008 beta still the problem is there.
Regards to all.

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
I remember reading that being a known issue with either the CUSL2 or the 815 chipset. Apparently double-sided DIMMs aren't supported. I can't remember where I read that though...

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Found it. Try this link. Go to FAQ's and then to motherboards, then click on SA6R. Double-sided DIMMs are not supported with the 815E chipset.

<A HREF="http://www.abit-usa.com/english/index.htm" target="_new">http://www.abit-usa.com/english/index.htm</A>

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

G

Yep that seems to be the problem 100% i am having.
Many thanks for your replie on this post.
Cheers bud ;-)

G

Now all i need is the excact memory spec for x2 256 meg model number make ect: As any of the following do not work:
And i am not sure what options i have left here any ideas anyone ??????

The Intel 815 chipset (and also 815E) does not support 4x4, 8x4, 16x4 or any other x4 memory chips.
A wide variety of errors is possible if you try to use double-sided 32MB chip modules
or single-sided 16MB chip modules with this chipset, including system crashes or failures to POST.

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Usually, the easiest thing to do is go on www.crucial.com. There you can select your motherboard manufacturer and type, and it will only give you memory that will work on that particular motherboard.

I always get my memory from Crucial now, and with that configurator, I haven't had any memory issues since.

Plus, Crucial Technology is some of the best memory around.