Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Putting together a brand new build as follows:

ASUS WS-Z390 PRO MB
Intel Core i9-9900K.
Noctua NH-D14,
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2280 1TB,
G.Skill Ripjaw V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 RAM
Silverstone Strider Series 600W ATX PS (PS-ST60G-TI)
Phanteks Eclipse P600S case.

I intend to use the Intel integrated graphics on the CPU, so no dedicated GPU.

The motherboard power button and reset button both light up when connecting the power supply to power. But I can't get a boot. With everything connected, if I clear CMOS, the fans will cycle and the Post State LEDs will quickly flash red (CPU) and yellow (DRAM), but not white (VGA) or yellow-green (Boot).

I've disconnected everything except SSD, RAM, and CPU and can get the same Post State LEDs. Reconnecting Case Fans, I get the same Post State LEDs and fans spin up and then down.

I've double-checked the 24 pin ATX power and the 8 pin CPU power. When putting the 8-Pin CPU power in the EATXv_1 input, I get the above. If I move that to the EATXv_2 input, nothing happens (other than power showing on the onboard power-on and reset buttons).

Could this be a CPU issue? A bad MB? RAM? How does one go about conducting additional triage?

I really appreciate any and all suggestions.

Solution
I resolved the issue. Everything works, not sure why it didn't first time. I have a separate, operational PC running the same i9 processor on a Gigabyte Auros Z390 Ultra motherboard. I ran all new parts on that MB and get them working. I ran all existing parts on the new MB and they worked. I then reinstalled all new parts on new MB in new case and everything works.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend a Sunday, but very pleased I'm not RMAing parts.

ykaeric

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I resolved the issue. Everything works, not sure why it didn't first time. I have a separate, operational PC running the same i9 processor on a Gigabyte Auros Z390 Ultra motherboard. I ran all new parts on that MB and get them working. I ran all existing parts on the new MB and they worked. I then reinstalled all new parts on new MB in new case and everything works.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend a Sunday, but very pleased I'm not RMAing parts.

Solution