Custom Build, Lights/Fans Work, No Post

phantyx

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
I built this rig the summer of 2016, and since then have had numerous problems that seem to be recurring. This is my 6th or 7th time encountering the same problem, to my knowledge. Fact of the matter is, I have no idea what the problem even is.

Here's my build--

CPU: Intel I7-6800k
Motherboard: MSI X99a Raider
Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
RAM: HyperX Savage 32GB (4x8GB)
Storage: 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (RAID0 Config)
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold
Case: NZXT H440

Here's what I've done so far--
Gutted, breadboarded, rebuilt (6/7 times, I've lost count at this point)
During the breadboard:
Boot w/ CPU & HSF (Heat Sink Fan), 3 long beeps
Boot w/ CPU, HSF, & 1 Stick of Memory in Channel 1, no beep, lights & fan run, no display output
Boot w/ CPU, HSF, & 1 Stick of Memory in Channel 2, boot/shut down cycle, characteristic of this spesific motherboard, as it's very picky in the seating order of RAM
Different PSU produces the same results, don't have a spare GPU/CPU.
RMA'd the mobo 4 times, that's what's fixed it in the past, but the problem continues to re-occur.

Boots with and without the GPU don't result in any beeps regardless. Unsure if it's a GPU issue, seeing as none of my peripherals light up on boot either.

Where I'm at now--
CPU, Cooler, GPU, RAM, Storage (Full build, but without 3 of the RAM sticks), no display output but PC continues to run lights & fan as if it were on.

Please help. I've done well to stick with it and be persistent, but my patience with this rig is dwindling by the second. Thank you.

Since you tested everything except the CPU and video card, really the fault should be with one of those, maybe the drives in RAID or the cooler you have setup is damaging things. If you overclock things that can cause issues as well. Test with one drive at a time, one stick at a time and with a different video card since your motherboard does not have onboard video. If that does not work, only thing I can see is the CPU being the issue.