Custom Build or Alienware X51

Rustytw4494

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd.aspx#overrides=dpcwxy45h:6~AME130

I want a gaming PC but not one that will sooner or later crumble from games. I was thinking about getting the Alienware with i7 and the AMD Graphics card. I don't know if it is because of the eye-candy that comes with the X51 or if I think it is just good with the graphics card and processor. I am open to opinions, for I am looking for quality and a long life in terms of CPU stability. All I know is Alienware for gaming PC's, so if you know a better site that can supply a good PC (not really looking for a laptop) that is maybe cheaper, I'm all ears.

Rustytw4494

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I would rather have a prebuilt now than a custom later, so do you have any prebuilds that look okay specs wise. I will most likely make my own custom after a while, but for now I just need a prebuilt to get started. Maybe the Aurora with the GTX 770 for 1,699. Is that still overkill?

Building a rig yourself I think is the only way to go. Not only can it save money but the money that is saved can go back into the rig for better parts. Plus company's like that always try to get you to get options you do not really need and cost more moneyin the long run.

Rustytw4494

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

You are correct about the time and knowledge part.